Jordan Turner

2,071 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Louise Romano
BUBradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know why he didn't go in the game at all? He's our 9th man I thought
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
You mean he is not the JTT referred to all night long in the game thread? I thought he kicked ass? LOL!!!

Three letter acronyms are the scourge of the earth. God is great, beer is good, people are lazy!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Chamberman
Player Mins/Game

1. Akinjo 31
2. Flagler 28
3. Cryer 27
4. Brown 26
5. Mayer 23
6. Sochan 22
7. JTT 21
8. Thamba 18
9. Bonner 13
10. Turner 7

More like 10th at 7 minutes per game average.
historian
Bonner's minutes should climb while Akinjo is out.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
CaliByWayOfKS
Bonner had looked relatively lost in the few min he had played so far this season, but he looked way different against KSU. He seems to be picking up the speed of the game RE D2 vs D1 and his size will be a nice addition. His length caused some issues last night against the guards a few times.

The min he gets due to the Akinjo injury will be huge for the late season stuff.
BUBradley
Chamberman said:

Player Mins/Game

1. Akinjo 31
2. Flagler 28
3. Cryer 27
4. Brown 26
5. Mayer 23
6. Sochan 22
7. JTT 21
8. Thamba 18
9. Bonner 13
10. Turner 7

More like 10th at 7 minutes per game average.

I guess I meant while Sochan was out. Please excuse.
JP1037
CaliByWayOfKS said:

Bonner had looked relatively lost in the few min he had played so far this season, but he looked way different against KSU. He seems to be picking up the speed of the game RE D2 vs D1 and his size will be a nice addition. His length caused some issues last against the guards a few times.

The min he gets due to the Akinjo injury will be huge for the late season stuff.
Agree 100%

I thought Bonner looked great. He was confident and effective. It gave me a little hope with Akinjo out.
bear2be2
JP1037 said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

Bonner had looked relatively lost in the few min he had played so far this season, but he looked way different against KSU. He seems to be picking up the speed of the game RE D2 vs D1 and his size will be a nice addition. His length caused some issues last against the guards a few times.

Agree 100%

I thought Bonner looked great. He was confident and effective. It gave me a little hope with Akinjo out.
I think Bonner has played good defense all year. And he had passed and handled the ball pretty well in his limited time. The only thing he had done really poorly was shoot.

If Tuesday gets him going offensively, he instantly becomes a viable rotation piece and gives us four capable guards once Akinjo returns.
tomiathon
CaliByWayOfKS said:

Like you, I hope the KSU game is an indication that things may be starting to click for him. But the rest of your post compels me to ask. . . has he grown 6 inches in the past week? He looked absolutely tiny playing against Tech. I realize Tech is a tall team, but he literally looked like a child guarding men.
Johnny Bear
tomiathon said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

Like you, I hope the KSU game is an indication that things may be starting to click for him. But the rest of your post compels me to ask. . . has he grown 6 inches in the past week? He looked absolutely tiny playing against Tech. I realize Tech is a tall team, but he literally looked like a child guarding men.

Relative to the size of our other guards excluding Love (who is obviously unavailable this season), Bonner is pretty tall.
tomiathon
Johnny Bear said:

tomiathon said:

CaliByWayOfKS said:

Relative to the size of our other guards excluding Love (who is obviously unavailable this season), Bonner is pretty tall.

Yeah that's why I was shocked at how small he looked. I thought it must be Akinjo or Cryer at first glance, but nope. I'm used to them being a bit smaller than opposing guards, but neither of them looked as small as Bonner. Weird
Louise Romano
The most important physical attribute for a pure guard is quickness. So I'm not talking about shot making, rebounding or any other basketball skill...just purely physical attributes. Height, vertical leap, speed, vision, bball IQ, etc, pale in comparison to quickness. Quickness allows you to get open, shoot the step back, make up for getting beat, get to loose balls and all that.

Davion Mitchell is probably the quickest guard I personally have ever seen. This team has really good quick guards, but not great. Basically quickness = get your shot anywhere you want and Davion was prime for this.

Remains to be seen if Bonner can continue to grow in his role, but he really needs to practice quickness via lateral movement, running half court sprints, pivot turns, and foot work if he wants to solidify his place in the rotation.

THAT'S ALL!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.