22-23 Schedule

2,994 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
CST Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Never too early to speculate who we might play in non con next year, right?

A few thoughts:

SEC Challenge: Probably time that we host UK. If this year's standings mean anything (I believe they do) this may be inevitable.

@ Nova...was this a home and home we booked with them?

Gonzaga? Didn't we allude to playing them more regularly in the future

Thanksgiving weekend tournament? I believe we know a few details about who's in our field (and where we're playing) but I don't remember.

Any other speculations? UNT? Oral Roberts? Home vs Ducks?
TXBEAR_bf
Never to early to start the speculation. I would assume a PAC-12 school? Maybe Stanford on the road? It would be awesome to build an ACC school on the calendar. Duke would be a great home and away.

I went to the Oregon game this year, and there definitely more Baylor fans than the game there 5-6 years ago. Road games are pretty fun and a great way to chat hoops with opposing fans.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
EvilTroyAndAbed
You might want to place a "?" in the thread title. I thought there was real info in here.
bradbear28
SEC challenge will be at home vs Auburn or Arkansas based on Track record Of how they have scheduled the last 2 to 3 years.
bradbear28
Las Vegas Tournament weekend before Thanksgiving. Virginia, UCLA, and Illinois I believe as well.
I thought home and home vs Stanford.
Big East challenge opponent will be at their place-hopefully Nova
historian
The schedule won't be announced until September or October. We might get some early info on the November tournament, SEC challenge, & other non conference games.
CST Bear
any leaks on next year's schedule? Would love to plan a trip to Waco before January if we're playing an enticing home game. That Arkansas game is gonna be an awesome sight!
fubar
Since this thread started, a couple of things have been reported:

Home against Arkansas (XII/SEC Challenge) (per Jon Rothstein, as reliable a source as there is)
At Marquette (XII/Big East Challenge) (per Rothstein again)
Neutral site v. Gonzaga (not positive this was finalized)

I vaguely recall -- that's as unreliable a source as can be -- that Stanford was home/home, so a trip to Palo Alto if correct
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
IowaBear
Think the big time non con games are set, isd expect 4-6 cupcakes at the Ferrell. We're also in a tourney with VA, ILL and UCLA
contrario
Schedule release date!
CST Bear
fubar said:

Since this thread started, a couple of things have been reported:

Home against Arkansas (XII/SEC Challenge) (per Jon Rothstein, as reliable a source as there is)
At Marquette (XII/Big East Challenge) (per Rothstein again)
Neutral site v. Gonzaga (not positive this was finalized)

I vaguely recall -- that's as unreliable a source as can be -- that Stanford was home/home, so a trip to Palo Alto if correct

Guessing we add a real non con home game in Nov/Dec...one can hope.

Non con schedule definitely shaping up nicely again!
Baylorbears111
Any chance of getting a regular series vs. A&M setup? With Texas and the Aggies in the SEC, it would be a shame to lose all opportunities to play them in basketball. That is a game that both programs seem to care about.
historian
Maybe I missed it, but this thread seems to be ignorant of the deal to play Gonzaga in December in South Dakota.
BearyJoyful
Let's add Creighton to the non-conference schedule.
historian
We already have Marquette. I dong see us adding another Big East team unless Villanova's new coach wants to go 0-4 vs Baylor all time.
CST Bear
Apparently playing Wash St in Dallas on 12/17? AAC maybe?
historian
Apparently:

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/jul/09/report-washington-state-basketball-team-to-face-ba/?amp-content=amp

Thanks for the notification. This is the first I've heard about it.
historian
Maybe the guys at Sicem365 should arrange to play the trailer for Ode to Joy. It's a great film about the greatest accomplishment of Baylor MBB AND the game is on Beethoven's birthday!
CST Bear
So in review non con looks like this so far:

PAC: Wash St (Dallas) (12/17)
SEC: vs Arkansas (1/28)
BEast: @ Marquette (11/29)

vs Zags in South Dakota (12/2)

Thanksgiving tourney in Vegas: playing Illinois, UCLA, UVA (2 of 3)
historian
Plus the Main Event November 18:

I would not be too surprised if Drew scheduled at least one more challenging opponent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.