#48 Kendall Brown to Minnesota

2,009 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by OldBurlyBear86
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad to see another Bear drafted!

β€œIncline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Mitch Blood Green
Indiana. Some type of maneuvering.
historian
Yes, I just saw that he has already been traded.
β€œIncline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Mitch Blood Green
historian said:

Yes, I just saw that he has already pressured been traded.

Probably good for him. Would have been tough to be in the league and around his people.

"Baby, go see your grandma"
Fre3dombear
Should he have stayed another year? If he'd known he'd go 48
DanaDane
Ouch. I guess those recent mock drafts that had him going in the 2nd round weren't as far off as a few posters on here claimed they were. The important thing is that he achieved one of his dreams of being drafted in the NBA and now I have no doubt he'll put it to the grindstone and find a way to turn his incredible athleticism into a productive career.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Fre3dombear said:

It's a done deal. Who cares about hypotheticals?
Jorkel
Play hard and show you are an asset for what? Two years? And you can get that extension. I know a rookie contract is 4 year but I feel like if you show your worth early you can get an extension/raise sooner
IowaBear
The few posters claiming the recent mock drafts were way off ironically enough are the know it alls on here. Regardless KB got drafted and now gets the chance to show his stuff. He'll be on a roster come the start of the NBA season
TWD 1974
IowaBear said:

The few posters claiming the recent mock drafts were way off ironically enough are the know it alls on here. Regardless KB got drafted and now gets the chance to show his stuff. He'll be on a roster come the start of the NBA season
After the first 5-6 picks, the draft becomes a crapshoot, especially from the end of the first round. There were picks in front of Kendall that you have to shake your head about. Nevertheless, Kendall is living the dream, and if he takes care of the things he needs to work on in the next couple of years, is going to have a good career in the NBA.
IowaBear
Bingo, If your good enough to last in the league where you get drafted matters little. He'll be fine and likely will be playing with a nice sized chip on his shoulder now
BearTruth13
Should have stayed another year.
Jorkel
IowaBear said:

Bingo, If your good enough to last in the league where you get drafted matters little. He'll be fine and likely will be playing with a nice sized chip on his shoulder now

That's very true..it's just an initial money thing with contracts and signing bonuses being a lot more in round 1. The round 2 will be negated pretty much if he can secure that second contract and has a solid career.
Crawfoso1973
BearTruth13 said:

Easy for you so sit there and say in hindsight. In the end he was drafted though so will have every chance to make the most of his opportunity.
TWD 1974
Crawfoso1973 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Easy for you so sit there and say in hindsight. In the end he was drafted though so will have every chance to make the most of his opportunity.
While the differential between a mid-first round to second round pick may sting a bit, he should get at least the minimum which should be around $900k. Most 2nd round contracts will be 2 years, so if he lights it up in the next couple of seasons, he can move up significantly.
Could he have done better if he stayed another year? As a Baylor Fan, I think he would (as would Baylor!), but as we have just witnessed, the NBA draft is a mystery wrapped in an enigma: except for the Durant's and Lebron's, there just are no guarantees.
Stefano DiMera
Yeah when I see a Nebraska (Nebraska!) player drafted before him...you know it's a crapshoot...

I don't think there is a more irrelevant program that's existed the last 25 years.
wongobear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Fre3dombear said:

The internet . . . the internet cares about hypotheticals
Fre3dombear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Fre3dombear said:

Well, add him to the long list of elites that left early only to be disappointed. Each new play should learn from those that left before them and assess if they should take a different path so in that case it's super relevant.

Maybe even our own coaches expected him to go much higher.

It's reflection and calibration. Extremely relevant.

What's done is done so now he can go take a swing at his dream and see what he can make of it.
Proud 1992 Alum
A point no one is making is that he could also come back to college and suffer a serious injury like JTT. He will make $1M+ a year with endorsements at 19. A bird in hand and all . . .
OldBurlyBear86
I just saw this.

We had a nice pool, $5 entry on picking 2 players and what teams he would go to.

I picked Sochan at San Antonio

and

Brown at Minnesota.

Dont know if I will split pot, but I should donate it to Brown, wow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.