Is our game against Virginia in jeopardy..

1,731 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
..in light of the tragedy today?
IowaBear
If the game was before Wednesday I'd say yes. But being on a Friday I bet it's played. Not saying it should be by any means. Makes you wonder if they'd try to find a decent replacement if they backed out
IowaBear
Just scrolled the UVA boards looks like the AD is meeting with all winter sports coaches tomm. Seems possible we don't play that game
ImmortalTen
I bet it gets rescheduled. There's two schools of thought: keep moving forward to keep a sense of normalcy, or reschedule things and give everyone time to get their heads straight. In a case like this I'd think they do the latter.

I don't know how college age kids handle something like this, especially if they knew the players who were lost. I'm not sure I'd be ready to be back on the court after only a few days.
Big_Pumpin
Isn't this a part of some kinda of tournament in Vegas?
Would they reschedule if the Virginia decides not to go? Seems they'd try to find a replacement team or Baylor players just the game on Sunday?

I doubt there is a reschedule option
TechDawgMc
There is a press conference in Virginia today at 3:30 (Eastern I assume). That should tell us what's going to happen.
Married A Horn
Any update? Looks like game is in from the little / old info I could find. Nothing from today though.
Baylorbears111
Married A Horn said:

Any update? Looks like game is in from the little / old info I could find. Nothing from today though.
Sounds like basketball games are a go moving forward. So they should be onboard for Friday's game. Will probably be an emotional one.
gobears20
Staff
Quote:

historian
The game is still listed everywhere I look, including Virginia's own web site:

https://virginiasports.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

You've got to feel for them. No doubt the entire campus is in shock & feeling lots of pain. Class act by Scott Drew & the team. Just what one would expect.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
gobears20
Staff
historian
Just the kind of class act one would expect from Scott Drew.
historian
The game is being reported as a go:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.