Mayer…Illini in Game 2

2,067 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IowaBear
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matt with a few 3's early on. The missing mullet makes him look much thinner.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
ImABearToo
Dain Dainja with a dunk.
DanaDane
It's amazing how much Dainja transformed his body from when he was here. He is a legit PF now.
ImABearToo
He'd been a good one for Drew if he'd been 30 lbs lighter back then.
Big_Pumpin
Feel like we could use some Dainja on our team
Big_Pumpin
Why are there so many Illinois fans there?
DanaDane
Shannon 26 points and Dainja with 13 points.
DanaDane
Shannon is making sure Mayer and Dainja don't play their former team. He can't miss. 8-9 from 3, 29 points.
DanaDane
Illinois wins by 9...........79-70

Both Dainja (13) and Mayer (11) ended with double figures.
Fre3dombear
DanaDane said:

Shannon is making sure Mayer and Dainja don't play their former team. He can't miss. 8-9 from 3, 29 points.

Huh?
DanaDane
I was hoping we would get Illinois. Was just complimenting Shannon because he couldn't miss down the stretch and it was obvious he was carrying them to the championship game. It's late. No reason to read anything into it.
Bakersdozen
Dainja is talented but there were things about his game that bothered me. If he strong enough? Is he selfish? I didn't get to watch the second half so my questions may be off base but I just questioned his attitude on the floor sometimes.
IowaBear
Your first question is a silly one Baker, he's VERY strong. And I can speak from in person experience prior to BU (I'm sure he didn't get weaker) now as far attitude, I'm not sure I wasn't at BU word is he didn't fit and if that's the case glad he moved on as it worked for both Dain and BU. That said the dudes a monster down low. Hard to think he wouldn't help BU
Smashmouth
Fran insinuated we let Dain eat all the time at Baylor and that he is now on a strict diet at Illinois.
canoso
Big_Pumpin said:

Because they don't understand their school's athletics programs as existing for their entertainment.
TWD 1974
Smashmouth said:

Fran insinuated we let Dain eat all the time at Baylor and that he is now on a strict diet at Illinois.
That was the Pandemic year, and there was undoubtedly less direct monitoring of players as in a normal year. I seem to remember that a couple of our bench players (including Dainja) did not appear to be in the best of shape in the Championship season. I am glad that he has fixed that, and seems to be doing well at Illinois. The sad thing is, he left Baylor a couple of months prior to Jonathan's horrific injury. No doubt he would have received playing time if he had stayed.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Big_Pumpin said:

Big 10 travels
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

Your first question is a silly one Baker, he's VERY strong. And I can speak from in person experience prior to BU (I'm sure he didn't get weaker) now as far attitude, I'm not sure I wasn't at BU word is he didn't fit and if that's the case glad he moved on as it worked for both Dain and BU. That said the dudes a monster down low. Hard to think he wouldn't help BU

Not every player fits in every place. It's no one's fault.
IowaBear
Where did I say it was anyones fault? Or that every player fits at every stop? Simply said it probably worked out for both Dain and BU and that he's a stud
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

Where did I say it was anyones fault? Or that every player fits at every stop? Simply said it probably worked out for both Dain and BU and that he's a stud

Never said you did. I was just continuing the conversation. You need to quit thinking that every comment is an attack.
IowaBear
I didn't think you were attacking me. Just making sense of your thoughts. To continue that I don't recall many players transferring fromBU and finding much success. Freeman is the only one who comes to mind. Dainja is one who will probably be in that category in a few years
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.