Mot gets his first NBA start

4,239 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Griz
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
7 pt 4 rb at half

Ashley Hodge
Staff
Keyser Soze said:

7 pt 4 rb at half

14 pts 8 reb for the game
Yankee Bear
Nice stat line on a memorable day for Motley. Congratulations JMot!
Keyser Soze
Mot has a lot of potential - maybe he can get that Nerlans money the Mavs saved them
Booray
Comments from those who thought Mot should have stayed another year?
Lincoln Bear
And to think Makai Mason threw in 31 versus a team that had 3 NBA players and an NFL player. Hopefully he isn't a bust next year.
xiledinok
Motley should not have been redshirted but willing gave up a year.
He needed to go pro at his age.
The Mavs kept him as their stashed player. If there was something negative, Motley would be released.
Rick wouldn't have him on the floor to embarrass him or the Mavs.
snarebear55
After Motley's performance today, he'll be with the Mavs all year next year. He just owned Andre Drummond. And pissed me off for the first time by playing so well, he almost single handedly ruined the Mavs tank.
fubar
snarebear55 said:

After Motley's performance today, he'll be with the Mavs all year next year. He just owned Andre Drummond. And pissed me off for the first time by playing so well, he almost single handedly ruined the Mavs tank.
He probably needs to tweak a hamstring or something, lest he cost the Mavs some ping pong balls.

Seriously, great to see Motley play so well. And on a night where Prince was the leading scorer in a Hawks win.
Keyser Soze
Jonathan Motley is fun

I have no idea how good Motley is, but he's definitely been one of the more enjoyable things to watch about the Mavericks as they close out the season with the veterans sitting out.

Motley finished with 26 points and 12 rebounds with a lot of that against Andre Drummond. He's had a solid run in the last few games and while it's very easy to dismiss it against a weak schedule against teams that aren't trying anymore, sometimes these games do matter.

From Mavsmoneyball.com

GarlandBear84
I saw an interesting stat: since 2004 the only Mavs to put up at least 26 & 12 are Dirk, Shawn Marion, Josh Howard, and Motley.
boognish_bear
snarebear55 said:

Dang!

boognish_bear

xiledinok
Rick Carlisle or a bleacher report reporter? I ll take coach who wants to run a bunch of pick n roll lobs this season to match the way the team is built.
Motley did well but didn't fit the system. He plays below the rim and is a nice fit with the new addition the Clippers have at Center.
The Mavs thought enough of him to trade him. They let him look at other teams to find him a place.
They could have just released him.
He ll have a good chance with the Clippers.
bunation
Booray said:

Comments from those who thought Mot should have stayed another year?

Isn't this a Baylor forum?!

Sorry, but I didn't graduate from "Motley U." I'll always lament one of our great student athletes leaving early. And, the odds bare out that it's usually a foolish decision.

I always want what's best for our great teams, coaches and university.

KOKQB70
Perry Jones and relatives said hello.
xiledinok
It was best for Motley to go pro. He put in his time at Baylor and redshirted for the team. He could have gone other places and not redshirted.
Keyser Soze
Good article on Mot from Clippers

https://clipperholics.com/2018/08/06/clippers-potential-johnathan-motley/
boognish_bear
Keyser Soze said:

Good article on Mot from Clippers

https://clipperholics.com/2018/08/06/clippers-potential-johnathan-motley/

Thanks for sharing. Sic'em Mot!
GarlandBear84
In today's win over the Spurs Motley played 18 minutes and scored 10 and grabbed four boards.
Griz
Speaking of the benefits of leaving early, what is Quincy Miller up to these days?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.