Mavericks and Cuban payout $10 million

1,379 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
Illinois Bear2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2018/09/19/dallas-mavericks-sexual-harassment-office-misconduct-investigation-report-will-released-today-significant-nba-penalty-expected
Keyser Soze
How significant is that for a guy like Cuban ?

Schmidty
Pocket change
BaylorOkie
It's a tax write off so will really cost him about $6.3m.
bularry
Legal settlement tax deductible? Not sure
BaylorOkie
I understand it to be a charitable contribution. I could be wrong.
william
puban.

- KKM

xiledinok
BaylorOkie said:

I understand it to be a charitable contribution. I could be wrong.
I understand it to be that way as well. at least one of the organization is a charity..

The money is certainly no sweat to him. He was wise to manage it up front and not argue it. But knowing him it's because he has political ambitions. The radio interview this week with one of the alleged victims was interesting. She didn't come across as unrealistic, unhinged, or deranged. Not that I know all the facts or circumstances, but Mark flaunts things and doesn't care, so I don't think he's contrite one bit. But who really is?

In 2012, he was quoted as saying he'd only broken even with the Mav's in three of the past five years. So I certainly wouldn't assume he owns a franchise for profit. It's my understanding he wants to be commissioner of the NBA and is willing to pay heavily to make that happen.

Even if the Mavericks are dragging, his other investments can carry this..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.