adidas consultant details payments to KU players

1,327 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Osodecentx
vanillabryce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24960936/adidas-consultant-details-payments-influence-dennis-smith-jr-two-kansas-players

Also, buried in the article we finally get an answer to who owned Preston's Charger. Turns out it was his late grandmother - but why the hell did it take months to figure that out???

Also of note, a Maryland booster really wanted his $60k back after deSousa defected to KU.
VideoBear
This one isn't so buried. They presented texts that show that Self requested a payment to DeSousa.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25018425/attorney-adidas-executive-says-20k-payment-only-made-request-kansas-jayhawks-coach-bill-self
xiledinok
The KU people are starting to talk about this being Self's last year and him going to the NBA. I am sure some suckers like the Nets or Orlando or Atlanta will hire him but they best beware because he struggled considering the fact he had the NBA jersey and apparel company working the recruiting circuits.
Surf Oso
Blue Blood Alert!!!!
Nothing to see here, move along......
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
Osodecentx
Look at these text msg exchanges:

During Monday's testimony, text messages between Gassnola, Self and Townsend presented by defense attorneys indicated the coaches were at least aware of Gassnola's involvement in the Jayhawks' recruitment of De Sousa, a native of Angola.
On Aug. 9, 2017, Townsend texted Gassnola and wrote, "Coach Self just talked to Fenny let me know how it goes."
A few hours later, Gassnola texted Self: "Hall of Fame. When you have 5 minutes and your [sic] alone call me."
Later that night, after Self hadn't responded, Gassnola texted him again: "I talked with Fenny."
"We good?" Self asked.
"Always," Gassnola replied. "That's [sic] was light work. Ball is in his court now."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.