Story Poster
Baylor Basketball Recruiting

MBB: Baylor's Jordan Turner discusses signing with Baylor

November 14, 2018

Baylor received a commitment from Jordan Turner in June of 2018.  The 6-8 forward made it official today by signing a letter of intent to play at Baylor starting in 2019.  

Turner is an athletic wing who can knock down 3s, get to the rim off the dribble, passes well and has potential to be a great defender.  His coach at Sunrise Christian discussed why he will be such a great fit at Baylor during an interview this summer.  

https://sicem365.com/s/2759/jordan-turners-hs-coach-on-why-baylor-is-a-great-fit

I was very impressed when I watched him this summer.  He definitely has the talent and upside of a top 100 national talent.  National analysts are starting to take notice as well.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncEFn0nwgaU

I caught up with Jordan on his signing today.  

Since your commitment in June, how often have you kept in touch with your future teammates and coaches?

Turner:  I have talked with the coaches every other day and have talked to a few of my future teammates also.  We are building chemistry already!

What are you looking forward to most about being at Baylor?

Turner:  Just settling in and feeling comfortable and learning a lot from the guys there.  

When you will be on campus next?  

Turner:  I’m not sure yet.  I’m sure I will get down there during or after the season.  

I see your high school team at Sunrise is loaded with talent (7 D1 signees).  How has the season gone so far?  How have you felt you have improved?  

Turner:  We are definitely aware that we have a lot of talent, but we are focused on the team being greater than individual talents.  I would say that being physical in all aspects of my game is what I am working on.  

Discussion from...

MBB: Baylor's Jordan Turner discusses signing with Baylor

6,116 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Grizz Air
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome Jordan. He'll do great things at Baylor and have a chance to join a potential Final Four team next year.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Wesley Iwundu for KSU comes to mind as a comparison but Turner shoots the ball A LOT better than Iwundu from 3 point range.
BUbearinARK
Amazing Add!!! Get him on the court!
Grizz Air
Nice! Sic 'em!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.