Butler

5,668 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope he sticks around one more season. He's an excellent mature player.
Let's praise the best Bear.
Stefano DiMera
He is really really smooth.. everything looks natural to him...yeah.. he'll commit a dumb foul.or 2 or get out of control occasionally..but it's always maximum effort..he's a freshman..when he understands when to.pick.his spots..or lay back.. sky's the limit..

Bandoo has impressed me with his brass balls shooting from 3.
historian
What is amazing is how good all the guys are looking now. Even Mayer is showing some great stuff in the last two games.
OsoVerde
Where would Butler be going after this year?
xiledinok
OsoVerde said:

Where would Butler be going after this year?

NBA.
Kelly Ougre was drafted on less results.
He's really good.
He has 10 games left at least.
OsoVerde
I think Butler is good but I haven't seen any draft talk around him at this point. Things can change but I think he will be here at least one more year if not two. NBA draft for one and dones is usually decided before the college season even starts and Butler has not been part of that conversation at least that I've seen.
EvilTroyAndAbed
He's not on any draft boards right now.
CNC
X spreading fake news. That never happens.

Malbec
CNC said:

X is spreading something alright.
EvilTroyAndAbed
CNC said:

X starts a thread to praise one of our players but framed it in the most X way possible -- he'll leave, and we'll suck again.

He must be an absolute miserable person to never delight in anything, to always be adversarial, always be contrarian.
CizzLark
Butler isn't getting drafted this year unless we make the tournament and the guy flat out carries us through it. He'll be back next year.
xiledinok
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

CNC said:

X starts a thread to praise one of our players but framed it in the most X way possible -- he'll leave, and we'll suck again.

He must be an absolute miserable person to never delight in anything, to always be adversarial, always be contrarian.

No, I think he ll be on the radar next year. He is very good.
You are miserable. This wasn't meant to be negative. It's a good thing that he's really good. I think he's going to get noticed.

I don't care what the draft sites think at this time. Those change all the time.
xiledinok
CNC said:

He's clearly the best player. Can you come up with something more original than "fake news"...
rudylaw
Even thinking Butler would file for the NBA after one season is a complete and utter laugh. Let's see after his junior year.
vanillabryce
Oubre and Butler are apples and oranges. One is an Uber athletic 6'8 McD AA with a one and done expectation, the other is clearly not.

That's not a knock on Butler.
xiledinok
One more season if he is given the keys to run the offense.
McDonald's All American is a high school award.
You think it means anything after high school?

Luka Doncic wasn't a McDonald's All American. He was superstar in international professional basketball.
You think it matters at Kentucky? Kansas? Arizona? Memphis (Penny is getting bumped because he isn't a college coach)?
bularry
xiledinok said:

Luka Doncic wasn't a McDonald's All American. He was superstar international professional basketball.

He isn't that, either
xiledinok
bularry said:

xiledinok said:

Luka Doncic wasn't a McDonald's All American. He was superstar international professional basketball.

He isn't that, either

Luka?

Butler is a very good player. After last night, he ll need to be the man creating the offense.
vanillabryce
McD AA is an early indicator of future basketball success not only in college but the NBA as well.
xiledinok
vanillabryce said:

McD AA is an early indicator of future basketball success not only in college but the NBA as well.
I completely disagree.
That's 1988 thought process.
Considering about 40 percent of the league is foreign players, there's more Ricky Ledo types getting McDonald's awards than NBA greatness. I haven't watched that game in years.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
xiledinok said:

What? Why would he leave?
bularry
xiledinok said:

vanillabryce said:

I completely disagree.
Considering about 40 percent of the league is foreign players, there's more Ricky Ledo types getting McDonald's awards than NBA greatness. I haven't watched that game in years.

For US kids it is a big deal. Did Zion Williams play in it?
xiledinok
Ashley Hodge said:

xiledinok said:

I m thinking after sophomore year. I think he 'll do well as the primary ball handler. His team will be good next year to help promote him.

Ashley Hodge
Staff
xiledinok said:

Ashley Hodge said:

xiledinok said:

I m thinking after sophomore year. I think he 'll do well as the primary ball handler. His team will
be good next year to help promote him.

he and Davion Mitchell will share that responsibility. Both are bright prospects. Davion is a beast and the perfect complement to Butler.
xiledinok
bularry said:

xiledinok said:

vanillabryce said:

I completely disagree.

For US kids it is a big deal. Did Zion Williams play in it?
To each his own, I am American too. I couldn't tell you if he did or not. It's an exhibition. Truthfully, I have seen Zion play about 5 minutes. He is left handed, 6'6" and well built.
My concern is he shoots 28 percent from 3 with the college line. Brandon Bass was big and strong too.
vanillabryce
Foreign kids and post-graduation preps are not eligible. I thought you'd be able to understand that.
vanillabryce
If you had seen him at all you wouldn't compare him to Brandon Bass.

If you're looking for someone who had a lot of hype around him and failed to live up to it Bass isn't really your guy. Schea Cotton maybe or Kwame Brown
xiledinok
vanillabryce said:

If you had seen him at all you wouldn't compare him to Brandon Bass.

If you're looking for someone who had a lot of hype around him and failed to live up to it Bass isn't really your guy. Schea Cotton maybe or Kwame Brown

I ll watch him in NCAA. It should be a concern that he doesn't shoot well from three.
vanillabryce
Duke's whole team can't shoot. They're like 320th in 3P%.

I wouldn't worry if he can't shoot the three right now. He's got a tight handle for his size. He gets compared to Bron but he's more like a better version of Barkley at this stage in their development
xiledinok
He's 280 pounds and shoots 65 percent from the wide open free throw. He'll get drafted by the Knicks if he has that luck to start his career.
bularry
vanillabryce said:

Duke's whole team can't shoot. They're like 320th in 3P%.

I wouldn't worry if he can't shoot the three right now. He's got a tight handle for his size. He gets compared to Bron but he's more like a better version of Barkley at this stage in their development

Agree. He is skilled with the ball and extremely powerful. To x's point he'll need to develop a better shot in nba
xiledinok
He's not the best player on his team. How did he look today? I saw him today. He has limited ball handling, looks fat and is clumsy.
vanillabryce
Did anyone say he was the best player on his team? Maybe he's not. Who the **** cares if he is? RJ Barrett might be better, and guess what that's no surprise given the fact that Barrett was the consensus #1 player in that class.

I guess Zion only scored 17 today against the top rated defense in the country while his team put up the most points that UVA has given up all season.

xiledinok
vanillabryce said:

Did anyone say he was the best player on his team? Maybe he's not. Who the **** cares if he is? RJ Barrett might be better, and guess what that's no surprise given the fact that Barrett was the consensus #1 player in that class.

I guess Zion only scored 17 today against the top rated defense in the country while his team put up the most points that UVA has given up all season.

It's going to be difficult for a 6-6 (at best) wide body to drive through layers of bigger and stronger players forcing 18 foot and further out.
vanillabryce
If only he were more athletic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2019/2/10/18219144/zion-williamson-block-duke-video
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.