Making the Dance

1,837 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Matt in DC
BearTruth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
how many games do you feel we need to win to sneak in? The 2 game lose streak and Makia's health is making me nervous. Im still so proud of this team but DANG wanna make the dance.
rudylaw
3-4. Win the rest at home and should be good enough for a 10 seed as long as we're trending healthy.
bear2be2
I've said for a while that 9-9 in the Big 12 puts us on the bubble and 10-8 gets us in. I still believe that.
BUBear24
No big12 team has ever missed the dance at 10-8 so I think that's the bar to guarantee an invite
bularry
BUBear24 said:

No big12 team has ever missed the dance at 10-8 so I think that's the bar to guarantee an invite

But no 10 win big 12 team had 2 Quad 4 losses or a non-con SOS of 150.

It is my position 10 wins puts on the wrong side of the bubble. 11 gets us in I think.
rudylaw
Not a chance. 10 wins is a lock. Besides, they'll get "credit" for losses when Mason and Kegler were out.
Stefano DiMera
Yeah..10 is a lock..TeamRankings.com is a good site that breaks it down .9 wins and it's 50-50
EvilTroyAndAbed
bularry said:

BUBear24 said:

But no 10 win big 12 team had 2 Quad 4 losses or a non-con SOS of 150.

It is my position 10 wins puts on the wrong side of the bubble. 11 gets us in I think.

Do you even look at Lunardi's bracket? We're solidly in right now. Do you actually think we're on the bubble?

We have to win some more, but even if we go 1-2 over the next three games, we'll still be solidly in.

11 gets us in you think? Good Lord.
bularry
No, I haven't looked at Lunardi.

Right now, I do think we are in. I'm concerned how that looks in two weeks

There are other factors helping us, too. I think the weakness of the field after the top 30 is a bigger benefit than 10 wins
Sailor Bear
bularry said:

No, I haven't looked at Lunardi.

Right now, I do think we are in. I'm concerned how that looks in two weeks

Understandable. I think if we get 3 more, we'll be in. If we get 2 more, we better do some damage in the B12 tournament.

We have three remaining home games: WVU, UT and OSU. We should be able to handle OSU and WVU, but UT is a terrible matchup for this team, home or away.

To me, that means taking one of these road games is pretty much necessary. But none of those are easy: Tech, ISU, KSU and KU.

It's crunch time, fellas!
Matt in DC
20 wins is the magic number and historically has been. 20 wins from a power 5 and your in. If you win 17-19 you better have a big brand name like Syracuse, Texas, OU, Florida that the committee knows people will watch.

We don't get to 20 and we are at risk to be left out like last year to a crappy OU team that had 18 wins but they had the Trae Young factor. Its not fair but just the world we live in.

Get to 20!
Changing the culture one road tailgate at a time.
Its ok to attend away games! No really its fun!
Meet me on ROW 1!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.