In Search of 20 Wins

5,173 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CNC
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We now have 16 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

At Texas Tech: Maybe
At Iowa State: Maybe
West Virginia: Yes
Texas: Maybe
At Kansas State: Maybe
Oklahoma State: Yes
At Kansas: No

We can do this.
Matt in DC
If we stay healthy I think we win our home 3 home games and need to steal 1 away game. We are still trending up regardless of the 2 losses. Mason will be back on track shooting this Saturday. Lets see what happens!
Changing the culture one road tailgate at a time.
Its ok to attend away games! No really its fun!
Meet me on ROW 1!

DanaDane
Keys wins are against West Virginia & Okie State. Those are games we shouldn't let slip through our hands. Win those 2 and I'm confident we can win 2 from the others.
T-REX
Midnight Rider said:

We can do this.
You misspelled Yes next to At Kansas
twd74
T-REX said:

Midnight Rider said:

now have 16 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

We can do this.

historian
T-REX said:

Midnight Rider said:

We can do this.
It's a long shot but I believe it is possible this year.
T-REX
historian said:

T-REX said:

Midnight Rider said:

We can do this.
It's a long shot but I believe it is possible this year.
Hoping my ticket cost is finally worth it. been the last 2 years. tired of spending cash to lose lol
Yankee Bear
T-REX said:

Midnight Rider said:

We can do this.
bularry
If we don't get our senior guards back we don't get 20.
Midnight Rider
We now have 17 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

At Kansas: Maybe

We can do this.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Midnight Rider said:

We now have 17 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

We can do this.
I'd love for KU to be 20 and have it eliminate them from championship contender.
Stefano DiMera
I'd love for KU to be 22 and for a piece of the title.
boognish_bear
We will also have at least one game in B12 tourney to try and pick up win 20 if we still haven't made it by then
Midnight Rider
We now have 18 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

We can do this.
Smashmouth
I'd like to think the home games are a Yes but I like our chances for 20
Midnight Rider
We now have 19 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

We can do this.
historian
Midnight Rider said:

We now have 19 wins. Remaining regular season schedule:

We can do this.
After that beautiful win tonight, I believe even more that we can get a win in Lawrence. It is still very much a long shot, but this team is resilient.
jdrs
When Clark went down I thought season was gonna be long. Then the injuries to Mason and King. I am so glad I was wrong. This team without a "star" is impressive. This is a tough group. So excited for March. And really looking forward to next year, when at the beginning of the season I will already know their names.
Sailor Bear
jdrs said:

When Clark went down I thought season was gonna be long. Then the injuries to Mason and King. I am so glad I was wrong. This team without a "star" is impressive. This is a tough group. So excited for March. And really looking forward to next year, when at the beginning of the season I will already know their names.

The return of several talented young players on this year's team (plus Jake Lindsey and Tristan Clark) is exciting, but don't forget about Davion Mitchell and Macio Teague. I have seen the future, and it looks good.
bularry
bularry said:

If we don't get our senior guards back we don't get 20.

Kinda wrong. Again

Whenever I think this team is done they prove me wrong
Wineguy89
Bearish said:

jdrs said:

The return of several talented young players on this year's team (plus Jake Lindsey and Tristan Clark) is exciting, but don't forget about Davion Mitchell and Macio Teague. I have seen the future, and it looks good.

Lindsey is not coming back. He's going to work for the Utah Jazz. That said, 95% of our roster IS back and if they can build on the chemistry they've developed this season, WATCH OUT!!! Gonna be really fun the rest of this year and all of next!!
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Wineguy89 said:

Bearish said:

jdrs said:

Lindsey is not coming back. He's going to work for the Utah Jazz.
Really? Dude is gonna miss out on a heckuva run next year. It'd be silly for him to not come back.
CNC
BarleyMcDougal said:

Wineguy89 said:

Bearish said:

jdrs said:

Really? Dude is gonna miss out on a heckuva run next year. It'd be silly for him to not come back.
This current injury (hip?) basically ended his basketball career.

Wineguy89
CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Wineguy89 said:

Bearish said:

jdrs said:

Correct. Great kid, just too many injuries. Wants to get started on his professional life and who can blame him? He's left it on the floor for us and that is appreciated!!
Timbear
This team is so hard to figure out. Their identity seems to be great rebounding, especially O rebounds, teamwork and a never say die determination to never give up.
OsoCoreyell
Timbear said:

This team is so hard to figure out. Their identity seems to be great rebounding, especially O rebounds, teamwork and a never say die determination to never give up.
Ain't that the truth! Some of those rebounds were just scrappy, never-say-die, throw-your-body-around tipfests. Glorious to behold!
CNC
Timbear said:

I agree. On paper, they should be getting destroyed on the boards. Not the case.

Plus, its just a totally new team from the 2017-2018 version. I had to look this up:

Our 4 Seniors (Manu, Jo Acul, Omot, & Maston) were our top 4 scorers.
Lindsey (jr) - retired due to injuries
Clark - missed half of this season
Jolly - transfers out
J Davis & Okeke - walk ons

This year's team has two hold-overs (Vital & McClure) from last year's squad, with King being injured for the past few weeks.

Last year's team went 19-15, 8-10 in conference, 6th place.

This year's team is currently 19-9, 10-5 in conference, tied for 3rd, 1 game out of first. Oh how I wish we had McClure & Mason for the KSU game a couple of weeks back.

This kind of turn around is simply incredible. Regardless how the season ends, this has been one of my favorite all time teams.

Porteroso
It is pretty incredible. Hoping for the best. Pretty much a lock for the big dance, which I did not see coming. If we even get close to a conference title, this will be one of the memorable seasons.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Porteroso said:

It is pretty incredible. Hoping for the best. Pretty much a lock for the big dance, which I did not see coming. If we even get close to a conference title, this will be one of the memorable seasons.
No pretty much about it. We are an absolute lock. Even if we lose four in a row.
Asheville Bear
Wineguy89 said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Wineguy89 said:

Bearish said:

jdrs said:

Correct. Great kid, just too many injuries. Wants to get started on his professional life and who can blame him? He's left it on the floor for us and that is appreciated!!
Where are you guys getting this from? I thought he was just sitting out this year due to the hip injury but going to play next year as a grad student. He's already got his undergrad degree so why would he still be here if he "wants to get started on his professional life"?
historian
CNC said:

Timbear said:

I agree. On paper, they should be getting destroyed on the boards. Not the case.

Plus, its just a totally new team from the 2017-2018 version. I had to look this up:

Our 4 Seniors (Manu, Jo Acul, Omot, & Maston) were our top 4 scorers.
Lindsey (jr) - retired due to injuries
Clark - missed half of this season
Jolly - transfers out
J Davis & Okeke - walk ons

This year's team has two hold-overs (Vital & McClure) from last year's squad, with King being injured for the past few weeks.

Last year's team went 19-15, 8-10 in conference, 6th place.

This year's team is currently 19-9, 10-5 in conference, tied for 3rd, 1 game out of first. Oh how I wish we had McClure & Mason for the KSU game a couple of weeks back.

This kind of turn around is simply incredible. Regardless how the season ends, this has been one of my favorite all time teams.

How wonderful it would have been to have him for that game--and for the trip to Lubbock. However, it looks like we will have both this Saturday for the trip to Manhattan, a far more important game. If they are both at 100%, we will have a shot. If we don't get the win, we will at least make it competitive. That will be a good one!
Lawbear
SDtoWaco said:

Wineguy89 said:

CNC said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Wineguy89 said:

Bearish said:

jdrs said:

Where are you guys getting this from? I thought he was just sitting out this year due to the hip injury but going to play next year as a grad student. He's already got his undergrad degree so why would he still be here if he "wants to get started on his professional life"?
My understanding is that Jake was originally hopeful he would heal and be ready to play basketball again after a year off. That scenario didn't play out and he now realizes he won't physically be able to play. Not sure when that became a 100% certainty. Regardless, he is fully involved with the team and helping to "coach" the guys. Moving on to law school and front office life after this year.
setshot
If I recall correctly, Lindsey recently became engaged, so there are multiple reasons why he might want to get on with his post-college life.

I appreciate his contributions to Baylor basketball, but I am not sure how many minutes would be available to him if he returned next year. His defense is stellar, but the current group of guards, less Mason and McClure who will depart, are better offensively and should be much improved defensively next season. There is no question that he would have value, but he gave up his scholarship this year and it appears that the staff is recruiting to fill that slot next year, so the decision to leave seems to be a foregone conclusion.
Sailor Bear
Man, this is all news to me. Hate to see him go, but makes complete sense.
Asheville Bear
I'm still not buying it until I hear from Jake and/or the team. Whether we know now or in November doesn't make any difference, so I'll wait until November. Maybe in August we'll see if he's enrolled.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.