SPECIAL MOMENT: @jackson_moffatt prays over @Kingmcclure22's injured knee before the

5,166 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Old BEAR
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
jdrs
Wow! Thankful for young men at Baylor like that. We should all be turning to prayer for King and anything else that is of concern.
xiledinok
Brooke must have some God given perfect timing to catch that prayer.
historian
xiledinok said:

No doubt. God does work in mysterious ways (at least to us).

It's great to see expressions of faith by the MBB team. No doubt Coach Drew sets a positive example.
EasyE

Yankee Bear
King and my daughters have something in common--can't get them to close their eyes during prayer time!
The Old BEAR
xiledinok said:

Game time... and we're praying over some guy's kneecap?
Then we wonder why the outside world views Baylor as weird?
It's only getting worse....
"Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

---Arthur Ray Briles---
historian
The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Non-Christians are always going to see Christians and their public display of faith as weird. It does not matter. We pray to converse with God, not to please or get any kind of reaction from those who do not (cannot) understand. I wonder if Moffett even knew he was being filmed when he did that. I doubt it.
xiledinok
historian said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Non-Christians are always going to see Christians and their public display of faith as weird. It does not matter. We pray to converse with God, not to please or get any kind of reaction from those who do not (cannot) understand. I wonder if Moffett even knew he was being filmed when he did that. I doubt it.
Dave Roberts' prayer at Notre Dame got him fired. It caused outrage and Bobby Sloan couldn't handle the fact Dave's prayer wasn't PC.

There's plenty of Christians in sports. Most aren't quite as open about it as Drew. I have never thought people wanted to make it as open. I know only a few guys want their private lives to be known to the media. Drew makes that part of his recruiting pitch. It might make a difference among a few but most don't want to go there.
The Old BEAR
xiledinok said:

historian said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Dave Roberts' prayer at Notre Dame got him fired. It caused outrage and Bobby Sloan couldn't handle the fact Dave's prayer wasn't PC.

There's plenty of Christians in sports. Most aren't quite as open about it as Drew. I have never thought people wanted to make it as open. I know only a few guys want their private lives to be known to the media. Drew makes that part of his recruiting pitch. It might make a difference among a few but most don't want to go there.
Drew owes a lot to Steve Smith.
Smith taught him that when times go bad... go biblical.
Bought Smith an extra 5 years before they ran him off.
After Lubbock this past weekend, I expect a new catchy T-Shirt for the next home game.
Bet W-Promotions is spinning the ink right now.

---Arthur Ray Briles---
The Old BEAR
historian said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

I think you are a bit off here.
It's not necessarily Non-Christians. There are many different elements of Christians. You paint it as a black and white situation.
Now if you are a 5-10 time a day prayer guy... nothing wrong with that.
Just don't expect that from the average guy on the street.

---Arthur Ray Briles---
historian
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes." Romans 1:16

Ideally, all Christians will be open and straightforward about their faith. We should be proclaiming it boldly but with compassion. God knows, I do not always do this but I aspire to follow God's commandments as best as I can.

Here are a few others we could all use:

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Lastly, one of my favorites:

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Corinthians 10:31

Each individual must respond as God directs.
xiledinok
The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

historian said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Drew owes a lot to Steve Smith.
Smith taught him that when times go bad... go biblical.
Bought Smith an extra 5 years before they ran him off.
After Lubbock this past weekend, I expect a new catchy T-Shirt for the next home game.
Bet W-Promotions is spinning the ink right now.
There's been a bunch of praying lately with Drew. I would believe that it is more than usual with Drew.
historian
xiledinok said:

There's been a bunch of praying lately with Drew. I would believe that it is more than usual with Drew.
Good for Coach Drew! Praying is always a good thing, so long is it's done with the proper attitude.
xiledinok
historian said:

xiledinok said:

Good for Coach Drew! Praying is always a good thing, so long is it's done with the proper attitude.
So Dave Roberts' prayer didn't have the "proper attitude" when he prayed at Notre Dame?
Dave's prayer was ...Dear God, here is the truth.....
historian
xiledinok said:

historian said:

xiledinok said:

So Dave Roberts' prayer didn't have the "proper attitude" when he prayed at Notre Dame?
I have no idea what Roberts' attitude was. All I was saying is that prayer is an act of worship. Those who pray for selfish reasons are not worshipping God.

Maybe Dave Roberts' prayer was a model example of what a prayer should be. If he lost his job for that, then that is on the administration of Notre Dame. To be honest, based upon my limited knowledge & limited paying attention to anything taking place up north it seems to me that ND, like so many other "Christian" institutions, is "Christian" in name only. If such was his prayer, they should have praised him for it, not rebuked/fired him.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Do you ever just shut up? I'm serious. I understand that you're old and will be dead soon and you wanna "chat it up with the youngins". I get that, I really do. But, trust me here, it's best that you just go away quietly. For humanity's sake. Rest in peace. You've obviously got some real issues that you need to deal with before passing away. I hope you get those resolved.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
historian said:

xiledinok said:

historian said:

xiledinok said:

I have no idea what Roberts' attitude was. All I was saying is that prayer is an act of worship. Those who pray for selfish reasons are not worshipping God.

Maybe Dave Roberts' prayer was a model example of what a prayer should be. If he lost his job for that, then that is on the administration of Notre Dame. To be honest, based upon my limited knowledge & limited paying attention to anything taking place up north it seems to me that ND, like so many other "Christian" institutions, is "Christian" in name only. If such was his prayer, they should have praised him for it, not rebuked/fired him.
Trying to explain an impromptu prayer between teammates isn't even worth it. It's not that these knuckleheads don't get it, they're just old and want to drag you into some moronic, meaningless argument. The key word here is OLD.
historian
The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Is this the same outside world that cannot honestly define marriage? Or does not know the difference between male & female? Or that automatically believes some activist who makes a blanket accusation against someone else just because they are Christian or white or male or wearing certain clothing? Is that the outside world you are talking about?

Why should anyone care what such people think??!!

You are right about one thing: the outside world is getting worse, much worse as evidenced by the daily craziness we are bombarded with everywhere. That is all the more reason to cling to the sane, sensible, and reliable. Faith in God above all else. He will never let us down.
xiledinok
historian said:

xiledinok said:

historian said:

xiledinok said:

You do not realize that Dave Roberts was Baylor's head football coach? You didn't go to Baylor, did you? You've been all about Art Briles and his fake sorry self.

Let me guess, you either are a lawyer working for one of the former coaches OR you work for Drew's agent.

I knew you didn't know much history about anything involving Baylor or Baylor sports. I am not sure you know much about Texas sports or sports in general. The fact that you didn't know Dave Roberts was our football coach pretty much tells me you aren't a Baylor fan. My guess, another sad Wacoan mad because Baylor fired sorry fake Art.

FAKE FANS!
The Old BEAR
History...
I'm beginning to think you are one of those snake-handling Pentecostal tongue guys.
My goodness... you didn't know Brother Dave Roberts was a Baylor Coach?
You need to do less Scripture quoting and spend more time reading Sports Illustrated.
I can tell you don't follow sports much.
Otherwise you would realize Briles is known as the Rape Coach.

---Arthur Ray Briles---
The Old BEAR
BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Do you ever just shut up? I'm serious. I understand that you're old and will be dead soon and you wanna "chat it up with the youngins". I get that, I really do. But, trust me here, it's best that you just go away quietly. For humanity's sake. Rest in peace. You've obviously got some real issues that you need to deal with before passing away. I hope you get those resolved.
Barley is learning.
He understands my mission, but he's fighting it.
Young & Stupid has entered his brain.
But I love your determination...
Put on another application of your pimple cream and post away!

---Arthur Ray Briles---
xiledinok
Historian, perhaps you could fill us in where you attended undergraduate. I assume you went to college. Did you attend Bob Sloan's seminary that they had at the downtown Baptist church (after it moved on campus)?

How can you be a REAL Historian and not know that Dave Roberts was our football coach? It's is misleading.

You know a great deal about Fake Art's time at Baylor.

Christ was 100 percent real deal. He is not something you wear on your sleeve.

BEAR, the heat must be on Drew. He has gone full Smitty mode these days. Also, he has the excuse that he needs that TINY ARENA with zero booze, alchohol, club or suite seating to help the Baylor bottom line.

Drew is praying more than Rick Santorum on the campaign trail.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Barley is learning.
I'm not the moron taking a swipe at one of our athletes for *gasp* praying. Does that even register with you? If you've got a problem with that then you're, as my dear grandmother liked to say, "sorry as owl sh**".

But a sage that's so long in the tooth as yourself should know that already.
The Old BEAR
BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Barley is learning.
I'm not the moron taking a swipe at one of our athletes for *gasp* praying. Does that even register with you? If you've got a problem with that then you're, as my dear grandmother liked to say, "sorry as owl sh**".

You missed a spot....
Those pimples can leave scars.

---Arthur Ray Briles---
possible12
historian said:

xiledinok said:

historian said:

xiledinok said:

Genuflecting has become sports shorthand for prayer, be it a free throw or an at bat, or an injury. Protestant athletes need a quick, acceptable "go to"
Banned BarleyMcDougal
The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Barley is learning.

You missed a spot....
Is that why you spray tan?
xiledinok
I don't know about spray tans or pimples but I know about fake posters.

History, what year did you graduate?
The Old BEAR
BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Barley is learning.

You missed a spot....
Is that why you spray tan?
Never had a spray tan in my life.
But keep trying...

---Arthur Ray Briles---
The Old BEAR
xiledinok said:

I am afraid you may have "uncovered" this man known as History.
He may have vanished into the Witness Protection Program.
Remember old BUBear, from days of old? They set him up.
Turned him into a borderline missionary, created a fake Chinese wife, who he rescued from a Massage Parlor.
They had him vanish in deep China and disappear. Last I heard, he was scheduled for "slant-eye" surgery.
He was going to become one of the people.
After developing his new trade, he was going to return to the US and land a job at Golden China Buffet

---Arthur Ray Briles---
xiledinok
The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

I am afraid you may have "uncovered" this man known as History.
He may have vanished into the Witness Protection Program.
Remember old BUBear, from days of old? They set him up.
Turned him into a borderline missionary, created a fake Chinese wife, who he rescued from a Massage Parlor.
They had him vanish in deep China and disappear. Last I heard, he was scheduled for "slant-eye" surgery.
He was going to become one of the people.
After developing his new trade, he was going to return to the US and land a job at Golden China Buffet

Oldbear83? Could be the same guy.

History gives me more reason to believe there's on going efforts to shield Drew from criticism. What happens in Year 20 and not a single 1st place finish?
Next year it is Year 32 at the FC with Drew in Year 16.

The old building gets the blame.
Mitch Blood Green
BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Is this your expression of faith?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
tommie said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Well, at least it's not littered with racial epithets like "slant eye".
The Old BEAR
BarleyMcDougal said:

tommie said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

The Old BEAR said:

xiledinok said:

Well, at least it's not littered with racial epithets like "slant eye".
You like to hide from things you don't agree with.
Life in the Bubble, must bring comfort to you.
The Bubble is Baylor's biggest downfall...
Yet so few realize the weakness it creates.

---Arthur Ray Briles---
boxster
gobears20 said:

That's excellent. Jackson is wise beyond his years. What a great addition to the program he seems to be.

What he wants people to know about Baylor football: I want people to see that Baylor is the class of college football. Record GPAs, 26 different majors, guys challenging themselves to be the best they can be. Guys working in the community and guys working to be the best they can be in football. Want people to know Baylor is a great place as a University. -Coach Matt Rhule
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.