Bryce Drew fired....

7,678 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by D. C. Bear
Iron Claw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

Yeah that would be weird..I don't have any siblings but I'm sure at his age he doesn't want to work under his brother...and will have options.
The Suttons did it at OSU.
PartyBear
Stefano DiMera said:

That school just sucks on the welfare teat of SEC money...they have invested ZERO in facilities.

Vandy probably has the largest endowment in the SEC. They don't need the SEC for $$$. In fact they don't need athletics at all to generate income or to encourage donations.
BaylorOkie
Interesting article. The Vandy AD didn't handle things well, and didn't take the opportunity to explain. Bryce never had a chance.

Ashley Hodge
Staff
The interview Stackhouse did with Jeff Goodman didn't instill confidence that he will get it done. Smells like Clyde Drexler/Chris Mullin to me. Coaching is a grind where you have to wear a lot of different hats.
DanaDane
PartyBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

That school just sucks on the welfare teat of SEC money...they have invested ZERO in facilities.

Vandy probably has the largest endowment in the SEC. They don't need the SEC for $$$. In fact they don't need athletics at all to generate income or to encourage donations.

Vandy's endowment is 1/3rd of Aggie, but is larger than every other SEC school by quite a bit.
EvilTroyAndAbed
DanaDane said:

PartyBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Vandy's endowment is 1/3rd of Aggie, but is larger than every other SEC school by quite a bit.
It's 2/3 of aggy, not 1/3 (9.6b to 6.2b) but aggy pulls in system wide when crowing about their endowment.
DanaDane
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

DanaDane said:

PartyBear said:

Stefano DiMera said:

It's 2/3 of aggy, not 1/3 (9.6b to 6.2b) but aggy pulls in system wide when crowing about their endowment.
The last numbers I saw were 12/31/18, at which time Aggie was $10.6B and Vandy was $3.4B. Either way, the point is that it is NOT the largest endowment in the SEC, whether it's your number or the one I saw. Carry on.
drahthaar
Ashley Hodge said:

The interview Stackhouse did with Jeff Goodman didn't instill confidence that he will get it done. Smells like Clyde Drexler/Chris Mullin to me. Coaching is a grind where you have to wear a lot of different hats.

AD just wanted "his man"....deal done no matter what current coach did or did not do.
D. C. Bear
witchmo said:

Ashley Hodge said:

AD just wanted "his man"....deal done no matter what current coach did or did not do.
Certainly looks like it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.