Texas Tech

11,551 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bear8084
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Then I guess you are the scorpion on the duck's back.

xiledinok
Pecos 45 said:

Then I guess you are the scorpion on the duck's back.

It's tough these days for the diehard Drew crew guy to watch Beard pump his program nationally to recruits and fans in front of a big audience.
Last night, Beard had a great interview on ESPN with Scott Van Pelt. He told the viewing audience that he had been to the Final Four about 20 times but like most coaches was usually in the hotel lobbies drinking beer. Pretty good segment and I m sure the Van Pelt sponsors loved it. Beer companies pay the freight for these colleges.
Timbear
I've been listening to Bruce Pearl on Dan Patrick. He had Tenn going strong, then was fired for some recruiting violations which by today's standards of violations by blue blood schools, would be nothing. Finally got hired by a football school, Auburn, and in just a few years, has them in the final 4. Drew's teams are good enough to be just good enough. Pearl's a great coach.
LIB,MR BEARS
Bear8084
Timbear said:

I've been listening to Bruce Pearl on Dan Patrick. He had Tenn going strong, then was fired for some recruiting violations which by today's standards of violations by blue blood schools, would be nothing. Finally got hired by a football school, Auburn, and in just a few years, has them in the final 4. Drew's teams are good enough to be just good enough. Pearl's a great coach.

So is Drew and your hot take is wrong again.
Pecos 45
There are 62 teams who wish they had a coach like Chris Beard.
After tonight that number will go to 63.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
LIB,MR BEARS
Bear8084 said:

Timbear said:

amazing that a person's complete view of a coach's body of work can be determined by a single, bogus charge/block call vs the bluest of bloods, Duke.
Bear8084
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Bear8084 said:

Timbear said:

amazing that a person's complete view of a coach's body of work can be determined by a single, bogus charge/block call vs the bluest of bloods, Duke.

Yup. Though if Drew made it to the Final Four and beyond in 2010, knowing this board there would still be threads and posts of "Well yeah Drew got us to the Final Four then, but what has he done NOW?"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.