Excellent Texas Tech breakdown story

1,946 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pecos 45
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A good read, with some facts that show just how Beard and Tech put this team together.
https://www.theringer.com/march-madness/2019/4/3/18293467/chris-beard-texas-tech-jarrett-culver-final-four-defense

Also, little known fact. The last team from Texas to win a national title in Bball was the UTEP team under Don Haskins.
Other teams made the final four (U of H) but did not win it all.
Been a long drought for Texas teams.
Pecos 45
I pull for Texas teams (save A&M, because they really are a cult) so I want to see the Red Raiders do well.
Also, my oldest son went to Tech, so I am "invested" in their success.
Should be an interesting game come Saturday.
Beat those Yankees!!!
xiledinok
Pecos, you think any of these guys witnessed Texas Western play that magically season or even knew anyone who saw them play? Setshot might have seen them. I know one person who saw the Bear and his team. "We were all white. Our tallest player could just get up and barely dunk it. Their shortest guy was 5'11" and could dunk with ease."

Make sure you post a thread on anti depression for our faithful and hardcore 3,000 fans in case West Texas becomes the Mecca for college basketball in 2019. A bad fools joke.
Pecos 45
I don't believe anyone on this board (save 2-3) saw the Miners play that game or even knew about it.
All I am saying is that if the Red Raiders win it all, you WILL see a seismic shift in the college basketball landscape.
But I've been wrong before.
xiledinok
Pecos 45 said:

I don't believe anyone on this board (save 2-3) saw the Miners play that game or even knew about it.
All I am saying is that if the Red Raiders win it all, you WILL see a seismic shift in the college basketball landscape.
Seismic shift in recruiting.
Fozzie
great articles thanks for sharing. Here's another good one.

How Beard and Texas Tech built a powerhouse
Fozzie
this is a good one also

Beard's secret formula

Stranger
Pecos 45 said:

I remember watching the game with my Dad. I was 17 at the time. Great game against Kentucky.
I'm a Bearbacker
Pecos 45
Stranger said:

Pecos 45 said:

I remember watching the game with my Dad. I was 17 at the time. Great game against Kentucky.
You and I are probably the only ones on here who recall that game.
Well, us and The Old Bear.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.