Who will TCU go after?

5,873 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Who do you think?
CTbruin
John Calapari
Media Bear
Bryce Drew (lol)

Or maybe Dennis Nutt?
Stefano DiMera
Prob mid major program like Bradley or St. Bonaventure.
baylorrific
Mike Leach.
whitetrash
Pitino's available, but TCU isn't an Adidas school.
william
steve alford.

he'd do a good job there.

- BUmma

{ sipping coffee }
Fetterman2024
PartyBear
Join Arkansas in the Kelvin Sampson sweepstakes? Or has Arkansas hired him and I just missed it.
CNC
Lance Harbor, assisted by Jonathon Moxon and Coach Tweeter.
Stefano DiMera
Moe Iba.
Michibear
Jamie Dixon?

Texasjeremy
Michibear said:

Jamie Dixon?

I would think everyone involved needs to get this done quickly. Its not doing TCU any good to have Dixon recruiting, while the information out there is that hes going to bail as soon as he can get his buyout lowered a little bit.
Texasjeremy
gobears20 said:

Who do you think?
I would think Scott Cross would have to be the leader in the clubhouse, right?
NOVA Bear
Dixon getting stuck at TCU after raising his skirt to UCLA is an ideal situation.
bularry
NOVA Bear said:

Dixon getting stuck at TCU after raising his skirt to UCLA is an ideal situation.

Agree
Booray
Hard call for an AD to make. Dixon's interest in UCLA makes him a little bit toxic if he stays; on the other hand, the buyout is there for a reason. If you lower it too much, you are open for criticism there also. A real lose-lose.

On the other side, UCLA is anxious to get this done. But does that mean they walk if they can't get a number they can live with?
jdrs
How is he recruiting with one foot out the door?
Baylor3216
jdrs said:

How is he recruiting with one foot out the door?

Paying recruits like he was doing before?
DanaDane
Carven Holcombe
xiledinok
UCLA could wait for Billy Donovan. Donovan will be the hottest candidate. He won't stand the next two weeks. It's not really on Billy but he's the one who ll get blamed.
I would put him #1 on all available lists.
ABC BEAR
PartyBear said:

Join Arkansas in the Kelvin Sampson sweepstakes? Or has Arkansas hired him and I just missed it.
Arkies continually overestimate the appeal of their job openings. They are good at getting raises for the coaches whom they pursue, which should make every coach in America desire to be on the Arkansas short list.
PartyBear
Booray said:

Hard call for an AD to make. Dixon's interest in UCLA makes him a little bit toxic if he stays; on the other hand, the buyout is there for a reason. If you lower it too much, you are open for criticism there also. A real lose-lose.

On the other side, UCLA is anxious to get this done. But does that mean they walk if they can't get a number they can live with?
Depends on how he plays it and how gullible TCU folks are. Rhule hasnt hurt himself with Baylor folks, for example and that has been an annual event thus far and Rhule has given notice publicly he will do it again. I find it somewhat funny all the people here who say this damages Dixon with his current job. I imagine Dixon will be fine if he stays especially given he is an actual TCU Horn Frog and can make the added argument that he isnt just a hired gun.
CTbruin
Rhule did in fact hurt himself with Baylor folks.

There are many like me that aren't sold
CNC
CTbruin said:

Exactly what CT said.
xiledinok
Most of college football and the American public isn't sold on our old robe toucher fans and their heart felt love for the biggest off field loser in American college football history.

Cannot act like derps after bringing no football money to your conference for 15 years and acting like you make the rules. Doesn't work that way! How did it turn out for the robe? No one associated with him is considered credible.

UCLA is smart enough to wait a few weeks. They know Donovan is going to be available and he'll get the best job available if he wants the job. He'll be at the top of the Big 12 food chain if he decides to take the Kansas job.
Bear8084
CTbruin said:

5 posters from a message board aren't "many". And if you aren't sold from being a Bowl winner in year 2 of a major rebuilding project, then I dunno what to tell you.
CTbruin
Easy response

Liberty
UTSA

One game over .500 in second year

Inherited a team that was pretty stinking good.

IMO he can't wait to get out of Texas
CNC
And just the hypocrisy of it all. The same group would grilled Briles for flirting with the UT job, are the same guys who see Rhule flirting with the NFL 2 years in a row as a no big deal.
Bear8084
CTbruin said:

Easy response

Liberty
UTSA

One game over .500 in second year

Inherited a team that was pretty stinking good.

IMO he can't wait to get out of Texas

A team with a 6 game regular season skid that were all pretty much blowouts is not very good. Then with graduations, retirements, etc. and with a putrid scandal hanging over the whole program, it was going to be a big project with bumps in the road.

A Texas Bowl win after all the mess, in YEAR 2 of a complete overhaul is pretty good.

Flirting with a big rival, in the same conference, and listening to an offer to be a head coach of an NFL franchise are two different things.
CNC
Bear8084 said:

A Texas Bowl win after all the mess, in YEAR 2 of a complete overhaul is pretty good.

Complete overhaul?

Complete overhaul doesn't come until year 5, when everyone is a Rhule recruit. Several Briles recruit played a huge role in our 2018 success. Rhule has had upperclassmen that he's elected not to play.

Quote:

Flirting with a big rival, in the same conference, and listening to an offer to be a head coach of an NFL franchise are two different things.
He INTERVIEWED not OFFERED for the Colts and Jets jobs.
UT was/is/always will be a top 3 coaching gig in the NCAAs.

Whats the difference, Rhule would have left, BU would be looking for their 4th HC in 4 or 5 years. Not a good look.

Bear8084
CNC said:

Bear8084 said:

Complete overhaul?

Complete overhaul doesn't come until year 5, when everyone is a Rhule recruit. Several Briles recruit played a huge role in our 2018 success. Rhule has had upperclassmen that he's elected not to play.

Quote:

He INTERVIEWED not OFFERED for the Colts and Jets jobs.
UT was/is/always will be a top 3 coaching gig in the NCAAs.

Whats the difference, Rhule would have left, BU would be looking for their 4th HC in 4 or 5 years. Not a good look.

Complete overhaul in both players, coaches, scheme, and program atmosphere.

No one knows what was brought to the table but Rhule himself. It's only a bad look to some fans and hasn't hurt what players or recruits think of him.

UT is a rival and that flirting looked worse IMO.
CNC
Again, you're talking out of your a$$ and basically admit in your post.
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

Booray said:

Depends on how he plays it and how gullible TCU folks are. Rhule hasnt hurt himself with Baylor folks, for example and that has been an annual event thus far and Rhule has given notice publicly he will do it again. I find it somewhat funny all the people here who say this damages Dixon with his current job. I imagine Dixon will be fine if he stays especially given he is an actual TCU Horn Frog and can make the added argument that he isnt just a hired gun.
8:41am: the last post on this thread that mentions the words "TCU" or "Dixon".
Bear8084
CNC said:

Again, you're talking out of your a$$ and basically admit in your post.

Don't think anything I said is wrong. Can't help you if you can't see what positive footsteps Rhule has done to fix the rot Briles and co. left behind.
Bear8084
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

Booray said:

8:41am: the last post on this thread that mentions the words "TCU" or "Dixon".

K.

He has a huge buyout and probably wants to go back to Cali. UCLA has to pony up if they want him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.