BU's alltime record against teams that appeared in the finals

2,375 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is now 2-20.

Wins over KU 2012 and Tech 2019.

Losses to:
OkSt 1945*
OkSt 1946*
OU 1947
Kentucky 1948 (finals)*
OkSt 1949
Bradley 1950 (semifinals)
UCLA 1964*
UCLA 1971*
Indiana 1981*
Houston 1983x2
Houston 1984x2
Kansas 2003
Kansas 2008*
Duke 2010*
Kansas 2012x2
Kentucky 2012*
Tech 2019

*national champion
joseywales
Defense is not in Drews DNA..We have to get there defensively to get to an elite status, Beard already an elite 8 and a final two in three years..great hire..mst was out toughed and he admitted it..
Ashley Hodge
Staff
joseywales said:

Defense is not in Drews DNA..We have to get there defensively to get to an elite status, Beard already an elite 8 and a final two in three years..great hire..mst was out toughed and he admitted it..
except for the fact that Scott Drew teams have finished in the top 25 of defensive efficiency in KenPom for 3 out of the last 5 years.

Except for that fact, carry on...
joseywales
Who cares about a computer ranking, I have not missed a game in 20 years, officiated the game for 25 and can tell you that our defensive intensity is not at the level it needs to be, period. Ask Gatewood he will tell you if you don't belive me..
Ashley Hodge
Staff
joseywales said:

Who cares about a computer ranking, I have not missed a game in 20 years, officiated the game for 25 and can tell you that our defensive intensity is not at the level it needs to be, period. Ask Gatewood he will tell you if you don't belive me..
I talk to Gatewood multiple times a week. We can improve on defense. I don't think our defense was very good this year. It was outstanding at times last year. Lecomte was an underrated defender. Lindsey was outstanding. Acuil protected the rim at times.

We are getting better on defense as a program overall. Trending in the right direction.

Need to take the next step. If we are playing zone, I want a lot more activity with hands. We need to either be great at deflections, creating steals in the zone or dominating the defensive glass. Do one of those things really well and we will move to top 15 in defensive efficiency. Scott Drew is an elite offensive coach and has proven that over and over again.
Grizz Air
Epke Udoh sure made Drew's D look good. I think a lot of it is more than X's and O's. A lot of it is personnel. I think the players we have will continue to get better. Just look at Gillespie!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Grizz Air
Also, usually teams who make it to the championship are really good. So the thread title may as well be, "We are 2 and 20 against really good teams since the 1940s!" Looking on the bright side, we clobbered Tceh earlier this year and then they went on to the NC game, where they were one shot away from a natty in regulation before throwing it away in OT.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Stefano DiMera
Can't believe we didn't beat that 1981 Indiana team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.