Congrats Virginia

2,173 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bubbadog
BaylorRocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But was, admittedly, rooting for TTU
Grizz Air
I was also rooting for Tceh but after playing a close game for most of the game, they really laid an egg in OT. To a team that barely beat its competition along the way in the tourney, PLUS they lost by 20 pts in last years tourney to University of MD, Baltimore County!!!
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
Fozzie
hopefully the t-shirt Red Raider fans on this board are ok. Tough way to lose. Thoughts and prayers up for Red Raider Nation and for all of Baylor Nation that donned the Texas Tech t-shirts these past few weeks.

bularry
I like UVA and their coach, so good for them!
Porteroso
I do have to say the officiating was quite biased, but it does make for a good redemption story I guess. Easy for me to say, I don't care for either team.

The one guy for uva and his idiotic 3point dance was enough to make me semi root for tech though.
PartyBear
That was just a heart breaker for Tech. They had the lead with 30 seconds left in regulation. I really thought it was their's at that point. Then they had the chance for a final second shot to win and the shot was blocked.
xiledinok
Let's hope next year Baylor can win conference and go to the Final Four.
Obviously, West Texas Texas Tech going to the Final Four eliminates several excuses used by the Drew crew to justify terrible attendance and 4th place finishes after 16 seasons for Drew at Baylor.
Time to see if Baylor can get it done.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Once time passes, you'll all be glad we don't have to hear that TECH won a championship in a major sport.
xiledinok
I ll be glad when our strategy for beating Texas Tech involves something other than having their coach leave.
Perhaps hold a $250k NIKE camp would get talent swinging to Central Texas.
EvilTroyAndAbed
I'm glad Virginia won for the kids who had to deal with the 16-seed thing last year. I wasn't rooting for or against Tech, but I was kind of pulling for Virginia because of last year.
BearTruth
I tried yelling for Tech but felt some relief at the end. A bunch of grown men from Tech yelled "no means no" and "Rape U" near my teenage son at this years game in waco so its a hard sell for me to yell for the tortilla throwers..
EatMoreSalmon
Feel bad for Auburn.
Johnny Bear
BarleyMcDougal said:

Once time passes, you'll all be glad we don't have to hear that TECH won a championship in a major sport.
On one hand, a men's bball Natty would have been nice for the Big 12 conference, but on the other hand would it have been worth dealing with tech tards boasting about it (and "upstaging" our women's Natty)? Upon further review - don't think so.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

I ll be glad when our strategy for beating Texas Tech involves something other than having their coach leave.
Drew is 3-3 vs Beard. Your comment makes no sense.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Sorry, beat them in the standings.
Individually, I m thrilled Drew has split with him.
What are the expectations for 2020?
I know we'll have posters dialing them back once they get a chance to dial them back.
OldBurlyBear86
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Rarely does.
xiledinok
OldBurlyBear86 said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Rarely does.
I forget to remind you guys that beating them in basketball is more than head to head. Standings count.
bubbadog
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

I'm glad Virginia won for the kids who had to deal with the 16-seed thing last year. I wasn't rooting for or against Tech, but I was kind of pulling for Virginia because of last year.
Yeah, that's kind of how I felt, too, although I wasn't really pulling for either team. The Virginia players have been living with that humiliation by UMBC for an entire year, so it was nice to see them get that off their backs. (Of course, had it been the Horns, Aggies, Kansas, Duke or Kentucky that lost to a 16, I'd still be laughing my ass off and never want them to live it down.)

I like the way both teams played throughout the tournament, and I like both coaches.

What impressed me about Virginia was how clutch they were at the very end of tight games. I remember 3 or 4 times when they had to make the last shot to win the game or send it into OT.

That Guy kid for UVA made more clutch shots at the end of games (including those 3 FTs vs. Auburn) than I think I have ever seen from one player in the tournament. Just by appearances, he and Jerome look like a couple of frat boys you'd like to see on the other team in a pickup game, and then you find out they're both tough as nails.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.