Tech showing you don't need five star recruits?

3,345 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Baylor3216
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Are anymof their players four or five star guys?
Johnny Bear
Whatever the "stars" situation has been, I just know that since he's been HC at TTech, Beard has flat out recruited us over the last 3 years.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Johnny Bear said:

Whatever the "stars" situation has been, I just know that since he's been HC at TTech, Beard has flat out recruited us over the last 3 years.
Soooooo, fire Drew?
Johnny Bear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Johnny Bear said:

Soooooo, fire Drew?
No, just stating a fact. Why do you constantly leap to the "so you're saying fire Drew" narrative on any post that's not sunshine pumping about Drew's program?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Johnny Bear said:

Sorta. I mean it's not like Beard is pulling in 5* kids. He has a solid class lined up right now, however. Drew has leaned pretty heavily on juco kids and transfers lately. That tends to mess with recruiting rankings.
Fozzie
Tech has a lot of players that were highly coveted. Mooney and Owens were top 10 grad transfers. Brandone Francis was a top 30 player coming out of high school.

Jarrett Culver and Zhaire Smith while not top 50 guys were sought after by schools in the area.

Moretti was one of the best players in Europe offered by Indiana, Uconn and others. Corprew was the #2 rated JUCO player.

3 of the guys in next year's class are 4 star types, Ramsey, Thomas and Shannon. They have another one that sat out, Moore that was a top 50 guy.

Beard is not taking a bunch of nobodies and making them into great basketball players. He hired a guy with a shady past on his staff and that guy gets the talent.
xiledinok
Eddie Sutton's old recruiter is highly thought of in the recruiting world. He has strong ties to the pro ranks and has a good Chicago pipeline. He'll always been trusted to not screw up talent. He produced results and brought Tony Allen into the fold. It pays to hire a good handler recruiter type.
It's amusing and no one outside the bubble will listen to barking about Beard because the barking is coming from those who've hooked up with a few questionable characters in the past.
Timbear
Any coach who does better than Drew is always either cheating or doing something underhanded, or is a jerk, or is..... Of course it's impossible for a good, hard working coach whose a good guy to just be better than Drew, right?
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Timbear said:

Any coach who does better than Drew is always either cheating or doing something underhanded, or is a jerk, or is..... Of course it's impossible for a good, hard working coach whose a good guy to just be better than Drew, right?
Well, if you're like me then you believe that everyone is cheating. Your comment is kind of ironic in the sense that for the better part of a decade every fanbase accused Drew of cheating and being underhanded.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
WOW...I didn't know it was Glynn Cyprien. Yeah, that guy is a scumbag.
Timbear
Actually, Barley, you're right. I remember that.
BUrbon
This makes UT so mad.
bunation
Glynn Cyprien has been fired from many jobs, including a recruiting position at tamu. Must be doing well...He has held positions with eight employers over the last 13 years which ave 1.6 yrs per job.

He was fired by U of La, Lafayette for lying on his resume (a fraud that was submitted to employers for the previous 14 years).

Was he humiliated & apologetic?

No.

He sued the school for defamation (you can't make this up). Of course, the court threw the case out for having no merit.

Great hire for Tech.

Edit: I'll take our staff.
xiledinok
Like him or not, he does a good job at these schools.
He brings in talent, the talent produces and increases their own value.
It's a recipe for success.

Bunation, college athletics has an overabundance of successful dirt balls.
Tech looks at Glenn like you do former regime man, Art Briles.

Fwiw, George O'Leary lied about his resume and he also kicked our asses.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
bunation said:

Glynn Cyprien has been fired from many jobs, including a recruiting position at tamu. Must be doing well...He has held positions with eight employers over the last 13 years which ave 1.6 yrs per job.

He was fired by U of La, Lafayette for lying on his resume (a fraud that was submitted to employers for the previous 14 years).

Was he humiliated & apologetic?

No.

He sued the school for defamation (you can't make this up). Of course, the court threw the case out for having no merit.

Great hire for Tech.

Edit: I'll take our staff.
LOL! Yep.
Iron Claw
Culver declares for the draft. He is really good and I wish him well. Glad he will be gone.
Baylor3216
Iron Claw said:

Culver declares for the draft. He is really good and I wish him well. Glad he will be gone.

Shocking no one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.