Best games from past years?

2,258 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CNC
CaliforniaGlowin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm downloading highlights from the neon era from YouTube. what are the best games they have played in the past few years?
MrGolfguy
Thanksgiving 2016 - Battle 4 Atlantis Championship game vs Louisville. Fell way behind and came back to win.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
CTbruin
I'd put 2 games from this year on the list.

1. The big comeback against the cows

2. The win over Tech who played in the NCAA finals
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Blowout win over TCU where Makai rained 3s all night

Chery game winner vs ISU

Quincy Acy 10 dunks vs UT

Blowout wins vs Kansas- Pierre/Lecomte
whitetrash
Neon era began in 2012, right?

Heslip raining 3s on Colorado in the NCAAs in 2012

The complete obliterations of Dougie McBuckets & Creighton in 2014
Russell Gym
Further back .... 5 OT win at Texas A&M in 2008,
bunation
Beat down of Iowa for NIT crown. Pierre w a dbl-dbl and Cory w 23 points.

A thing of beauty.
SSadler
Before this thread's limit, . . . but ANY/EVERY game Vinnie Johnson played at HOT Coliseum!

Good Gawd Monday nights were awesome. Frat meetings at 6 pm. Obligatory "No Report" from every committee so we could adjourn and haul A across town to HOT.

Pizza INN (before it was Pizza Hut) after the game.

I earned my falling (and 'failing') gpa the honest way--starting off Monday nights never opening a book.

Yeah, HOT was a horse barn. But it was all we had and we loved every game of it.

bubbadog
SSadler said:

Before this thread's limit, . . . but ANY/EVERY game Vinnie Johnson played at HOT Coliseum!

Good Gawd Monday nights were awesome. Frat meetings at 6 pm. Obligatory "No Report" from every committee so we could adjourn and haul A across town to HOT.

Pizza INN (before it was Pizza Hut) after the game.

I earned my falling (and 'failing') gpa the honest way--starting off Monday nights never opening a book.

Yeah, HOT was a horse barn. But it was all we had and we loved every game of it.

Will never forget a game against North Texas that first season. They had a tall frontline. One of our guards (Pat Nunnelly?) threw an alley oop. But from where we were sitting in the student section, it wasn't clear who the pass was intended for. All we could see were tall guys in green jerseys with long arms extended. Then suddenly from behind them we could see these two hands rise up over the trees, grab the ball and dunk. That was Vinnie at 6-1.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
FormerFlash
Sweet 16 blowout of St. Mary's. But you have to dig around the internet and find all the trash talking comments from their star player Omar Samhan before watching the game. It makes it so much better.
historian
MrGolfguy said:

Thanksgiving 2016 - Battle 4 Atlantis Championship game vs Louisville. Fell way behind and came back to win.
That one was definitely one of the best. Unfortunately, it's only available on YouTube in highlight format. I do not know any place where the full game is available--including big12sports.com.

Quote:

Chery game winner vs ISU

Gotta include Makai's 40 points with 70% of 2's & 75% of 3's. The rest of the team did great two (Matthew Mayer even had a great dunk, and a 3 IIRC).
historian
FormerFlash said:

Sweet 16 blowout of St. Mary's. But you have to dig around the internet and find all the trash talking comments from their star player Omar Samhan before watching the game. It makes it so much better.
Not exactly trash talk, but I found this:

https://smcgaels.com/news/2010/3/24/Saint_Mary_s_Sweet_Sixteen_Media_Day_Omar_Samhan_Quotes.aspx

and this:

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/print?id=8596
historian
Ashley Hodge said:

Chery game winner vs ISU

Can you be more specific? What years were the ISU & Kansas games you mention? I was at the Ferrell Center in 2018 with the big win over Kansas, but what about the Pierre game?

Correction: I figured the last one out: March 2013.
CNC
100% biased opinion, b/c I watched the following games live

Terry Black's dunk-a-thon vs. Kansas on Big Monday on ESPN

Beatdown of St Mary's in Sweet 16 in Houston

Although we lost, the Duke game in Elite 8. Took the eventual national champ to the wire. Extremely proud of that team.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.