NCAA Rule Changes

2,068 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Osodecentx
True Grit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There were four rule changes approved today:

• The 3-point line is being pushed back to the international distance of 22 feet, 1 inches. The current distance is 20 feet, 9 inches.
  • Players will be assessed technical fouls for using derogatory language about an opponent's race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
  • Coaches will be able to call live-ball timeouts in the last two minutes of the second half and overtime.
  • Refs can conduct instant replay review for goal-tending or basket interference calls in the final two minutes of the second half and overtime.

Thoughts?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
I like 1, 3, 4. #2 seems like it could have the potential to be a landmine. For it in theory but seems like it can be subjective. Hopefully the ref has to actually hear the insult and not take the player or coach's word for it. But then again a ref teed up Drew for saying "what was the call?" in Austin so refs do what they want anyway.
MrGolfguy
True Grit said:

• Players will be assessed technical fouls for using derogatory language about an opponent's race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.

• Does this currently happen to the extent that they feel the need to make this change?
    Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
    EasyE
    I never like how the rules change in the last 2 minutes of a game no matter what the sport. The calls in the middle of the game should be just as important as the ones at the end.
    Osodecentx
    EasyE said:

I never like how the rules change in the last 2 minutes of a game no matter what the sport. The calls in the middle of the game should be just as important as the ones at the end.
    And I never liked TV time outs. Compare the high school game to college or pro game. If you are in the stands, the game is disrupted, players get to rest, coaches get more time to consult and make decisions. The HS game is the way the game is supposed to be played.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.