Prince Traded to Brooklyn

4,556 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texasjeremy
EasyE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince
Ashley Hodge
Staff
good spot for him. From LIU-Brooklyn > Baylor > Atlanta > Brooklyn

I like how hard that Brooklyn team plays.
hustlenflow
From The Ringer:

"The addition of Prince only bolsters the Nets' collection of young, cheap, versatile, and athletic talent. He is the type of player any playoff team would covet: a combo forward who can defend multiple positions, hit 3s (a career 38 percent 3-point shooter), and make plays for himself and others. While he had a stagnant 2018-19 season due to injury, his current rate of productivity is likely more valuable than whatever the no. 17 pick would have yielded. Whether he is meant to be a complementary piece to incoming star free agents, or part of a package for a much larger trade down the line, the Nets have once again swooped in on a player undervalued by his own team, and paid a respectable amount for his services."

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/6/18655846/brooklyn-nets-trade-atlanta-hawks
BearFan33
I get the Hawks games here and am sorry to see him go. He played well for ATL but was going to need a new contract pretty soon and I guess he didn't fit into their long term rebuilding plans.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Very strange move for the Hawks. I get that both 1st round picks aren't in the lottery, but that's basically one lottery pick. I sorta get that they are rebuilding, but he seems like a guy you'd want for talent and leadership moving forward.
xiledinok
Hawks are drafting a small forward with one of their top 10 lottery picks this year. They just took on a contract to stay at the salary cap level and keep rebuilding. The Hawks want to try to find a star at 3.

The Nets might be trading Prince as well. They want Durant or Leonard and want the cap space. He ll be a backup with the Nets behind Joe Harris at this point.
BearFan33
I've heard speculation that TP is friends with KD and this may have played a role in the Nets trading for him. That sounds silly to me but who knows.
FormerFlash
BearFan33 said:

I've heard speculation that TP is friends with KD and this may have played a role in the Nets trading for him. That sounds silly to me but who knows.
Doubtful.
xiledinok
Prince will be a Net.
Durant will opt in at $31 million with the Warriors and a torn Achilles.
BaylorOkie
xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.
What a mess.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.
Durant isn't going to opt in. That's insanity. This isn't the 60's. He'll be fine and he'll get some massive contract with NY/Brooklyn/Washington DC.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.
Durant isn't going to opt in. That's insanity. This isn't the 60's. He'll be fine and he'll get some massive contract with NY/Brooklyn/Washington DC.

With his torn Achilles? He's not going to play next season. The opt in looks to be his best option. This is another foot issue he has had in his career. The Knicks and Nets are desperate. I wouldn't think they'd offer $64 million for him to only play one season.

The Wizards don't have salary cap room and Wall isn't playing next season due to health. They would be the last team that can find away to bring Durant.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

With his torn Achilles? He's not going to play next season. The opt in looks to be his best option. This is another foot issue he has had in his career. The Knicks and Nets are desperate. I wouldn't think they'd offer $64 million for him to only play one season.

The Wizards don't have salary cap room and Wall isn't playing next season due to health. They would be the last team that can find away to bring Durant.

I think NY or Brooklyn would easily offer him a longterm deal with his injury. In fact, it just gives them one more year to possibly land another star or a lottery pick to put with Durant.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

I think NY or Brooklyn would easily offer him a longterm deal with his injury. In fact, it just gives them one more year to possibly land another star or a lottery pick to put with Durant.
The Knicks appear to be hell bent on making big news. The 4 year, $131 million appears to be on the table. I think the Nets will pull off offering.
OldBurlyBear86
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

And we have a winner. Kobe was going to do an in depth piece last weekend but ESPN canned it bc KD convinced everyone he could play. Kobe was right, KD is going to be another Nowitziki. The warriors have some really financial problems coming there way.
xiledinok
OldBurlyBear86 said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

And we have a winner. Kobe was going to do an in depth piece last weekend but ESPN canned it bc KD convinced everyone he could play. Kobe was right, KD is going to be another Nowitziki. The warriors have some really financial problems coming there way.

Plenty of questions why Golden State wanted him on the floor but Klay wasn't going back in after injury.

Organizations make choices. They didn't need KD next season. The Mavs forced Dirk off the floor for his and their future.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

Why offer him a long term deal? You think the Nets would want him on his rookie deal to move him when Kevin comes back.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

Why offer him a long term deal? You think the Nets would want him on his rookie deal to move him when Kevin comes back.
WAT?

Why offer one of the two best players in the league a max deal?

WAT?
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

WAT?

WAT?
I mean Prince. I m not the Knicks.
I would think Prince gets moved when KD gets healthy.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

WAT?

WAT?
I was talking about how I knew KD was going to get a max offer. And I don't think they'll move Prince. He's a solid roleplayer type with a good upside.
xiledinok
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

WAT?

WAT?
I was talking about how I knew KD was going to get a max offer. And I don't think they'll move Prince. He's a solid roleplayer type with a good upside.

He also could bring value in a trade deadline deal to help the Nets acquire an older star.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

WAT?

WAT?

He also could bring value in a trade deadline deal to help the Nets acquire an older star.
I don't think you'd trade a guy with utility value like Prince. He can be on the floor to match uptempo offenses OR be a phenomenal sub for Durant.
Pastorron
saw most games atl played. they will regret this move-kid from okla cannot carry them by himself
BearFan33
Pastorron said:

saw most games atl played. they will regret this move-kid from okla cannot carry them by himself
I'm with you. IMO, they seem to be overhyping Young. He's good but I'm not sure you want him as the cornerstone of the franchise. I guess we will see. Collins I do like...a lot.

I'm thinking with the team NJ assembled TP will be used mainly for kick out 3's which he can do quite well.
Texasjeremy
BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

xiledinok said:

Prince will be a Net.

Sooo. Yeah.

WAT?

WAT?

I don't think you'd trade a guy with utility value like Prince. He can be on the floor to match uptempo offenses OR be a phenomenal sub for Durant.

Yeah, with the Nets paying Durant & Irving a combined $70M next season, its helpful to have a productive player like Prince who is still on his rookie deal (making $3.5M next year). After next season he is a RFA and its unlikely they will be able to match offers he will get (though a sign & trade for draft picks would be a possibility).

Nets will have to get creative going forward in finding cheap talent:
AMOUNT OWED DURANT/IRVING
2019-20 - $69,941,000
2020-21 - $73,438,050
2021-22 - $76,935,100
2022-23 - $79,432,150 (Both have a player option)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.