2019-2020 Non Conference Schedule

1,540 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
buballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do we know so far?

Butler and Arizona at home....

Has anything else been announced?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
https://sicem365.com/baylor-basketball/schedule

the Tulane, Mississippi State and Villanova games are stabs in the dark. The dates are right. We will likely open up with one of these 4 teams in that Myrtle Beach tourney.

Tulane, Ohio, Middle Tenn or Coastal Carolina on Nov 21

We will play Villanova, Miss St or Utah on Nov 22 (assuming we win that first game and these four teams win which is probably a bad assumption that all 4 win).

Based on preseason rankings, I think the organizers of this tourney will shoot for a Baylor/Villanova final. If Baylor is the "2" seed, Miss St is likely to be the "3" seed.

Final game if we win and the brackets hold would be against Villanova or Utah.

Rest of that schedule is accurate to what we know so far. Oregon is canceling and moving to next year (at Oregon). We will replace that game with a power 6 opponent on a neutral court.
buballer
Thanks, Ashley. I had not heard about the Myrtle Beach Tournament, but glad to see we are in another non-conference tournament.

Cheers.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
also, I'll speculate our SEC challenge game will be on the road against one of these teams.

Georgia, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Vandy are not participating in the Big12 challenge this year.

So that leaves Alabama, Kentucky, Auburn, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, A&M, Florida, Miss St and LSU as teams in the Big12 challenge.

I doubt we get Florida, Bama or Kentucky since we've played them in the challenge, Florida and Alabama in the last 2 years or Miss St (Myrtle Beach tourney).

So that means we probably get one of those other opponents at their place:

Auburn, Tennessee, Missouri, A&M, Arkansas or LSU

Auburn would be a lot of fun with Davion Mitchell having transferred out of there. Would love to knock LSU down given Will Wade's ethics and there is some stuff going back to the VCU game in the Bahamas. He was talking some major noise before that game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.