Texas Tech mbb sexual assault

6,924 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bunation
Fozzie
How long do you want to ignore this user?

He's a starter so girl will be paid off

That VT grad transfer who is also a starter for TT was suspended last year for beating up his girlfriend allegedly

Zebbie what's the propaganda spin here?
whitetrash
Advice he should have followed, now that he caught the Raider Rash:

Ashley Hodge
Staff
Fozzie said:

He's a starter so girl will be paid off

That VT grad transfer who is also a starter for TT was suspended last year for beating up his girlfriend allegedly

Zebbie what's the propaganda spin here?
so cynical! Let's hope Texas Tech learned from Baylor and has good Title IX processes in place. This is out of Beard's hands. Once a sexual assault allegation is filed, the player is automatically suspended until that investigation runs its course.

Unless it is a sham allegation, if watching Baylor's investigations shed any light, these investigations usually take at least a year.

I wouldn't expect Corprew to play this season. And may end up with a change of scenery encouragement like Brandone Francis (Florida- TT) or Chris Clarke (VT- TT).
zebbie
No spin really. My guess is that he won't be on the team, UNLESS, there is something that proves him innocent or the person pressing charges comes to some sort of settlement.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

No spin really. My guess is that he won't be on the team, UNLESS, there is something that proves him innocent or the person pressing charges comes to some sort of settlement.
I would focus on the last part of your post. That's what's going to happen.
zebbie
If I had to bet..... 70 percent chance he is not going to play. 20 percent chance he is somehow found innocent. 10 percent chance the matter is settled out of court. While it he's far from indispensable and I think Beard is a no nonsense kinda coach. Just don't see him tolerating crap like this if allegations are true.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

If I had to bet..... 70 percent chance he is not going to play. 20 percent chance he is somehow found innocent. 10 percent chance the matter is settled out of court. While it he's far from indispensable and I think Beard is a no nonsense kinda coach. Just don't see him tolerating crap like this if allegations are true.
like Ashley said, I doubt this has anything to do with Beard. Any coach for any program in America is going to find a rationalization for a key player to play. If Texas Tech has any decent Title IX process, Beard won't have any role in the outcome.

Let's not make him out to be a no-nonsense saint. Brandone Francis had issues at Florida. Chris Clarke at Virginia Tech was suspended a full year for beating up his girlfriend and Beard took him. Corprew had some past issues before coming to Texas Tech. Most coaches are going to bring the best players in that they can get away with.

If Texas Tech has a good Title IX system, hopefully there is a just outcome but it won't be resolved quickly. If there is corruption or TT doesn't have a good Title IX system then who knows what will happen. Probably more of a microscope on the program now that they have had some recent success. I'm sure there are plenty of people watching this carefully.
zebbie
I thought Chris Clarke's suspension was due to possession of marijuana...... https://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/va_tech/ty-outlaw-s-roommate-chris-clarke-charged-with-marijuana-possession/article_38e23ebd-f3df-5e15-8755-09e096528c84.html

And Francis- I haven't seen any report of behavioral issues..... https://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/5/4/11594358/brandone-francis-ramirez-transfer-florida-gators

Anyway, while it hurts our depth, we have 3-4 capable players to fill his spot.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

I thought Chris Clarke's suspension was due to possession of marijuana...... https://www.roanoke.com/sports/college/va_tech/ty-outlaw-s-roommate-chris-clarke-charged-with-marijuana-possession/article_38e23ebd-f3df-5e15-8755-09e096528c84.html

And Francis- I haven't seen any report of behavioral issues..... https://www.alligatorarmy.com/2016/5/4/11594358/brandone-francis-ramirez-transfer-florida-gators

You don't get suspended for a year for smoking pot. Come on zebbie. He allegedly beat up his girlfriend.

Corprew is pretty important for TT. I think they will make the tourney but they only have 2 guys with experience returning Edwards and Moretti. It is hard to excel with so many new guys especially when you are relying on a guy that has been hurt in Holyfield and another one Clarke who has past behavioral issues.

Banned BarleyMcDougal
zebbie said:

Hey dumb!@#k...

Does the name Jett Duffey ring a bell?

Tech graduates have to be the stupidest people on the planet.
zebbie
Fozzie said:

zebbie said:

You don't get suspended for a year for smoking pot. Come on zebbie. He allegedly beat up his girlfriend.

Corprew is pretty important for TT. I think they will make the tourney but they only have 2 guys with experience returning Edwards and Moretti. It is hard to excel with so many new guys especially when you are relying on a guy that has been hurt in Holyfield and another one Clarke who has past behavioral issues.

Culver was the only returning starter on last year's team. Norense, while experienced , was coming off an injury. Missed 11 games.. Moretti had marginal minutes.
zebbie
BarleyMcDougal said:

zebbie said:

Hey dumb!@#k...

different program, different coach, different current coach now.....do you want me to list all the shady players (and coaches) who have passed through your programs?
Ludwig von Missi
Tech going win at all costs mode. Interesting.
MrGolfguy
Not a peep from ESPN, shouldn't they be camped out on the TT campus in Lubbock? Updates every hour on SportsCenter?
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Banned BarleyMcDougal
zebbie said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

zebbie said:

Hey dumb!@#k...

different program, different coach, different current coach now.....do you want me to list all the shady players (and coaches) who have passed through your programs?
Yeah, I do.

Let me start.

Rapists that were good to play: JETT DUFFEY.

Whoops! I win! Sincerely, Tech graduates are idiots. Seriously. You're all idiots.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
The great thing is that even Tech graduates who HATE Briles have to admit he's one of their own. What a paradox!
Baylor3216
Uhhhh everyone knows tech has had some success because they hired a bagman. Anyone following college hoops knows what's going on there
possible12
Fozzie said:

zebbie said:

like Ashley said, I doubt this has anything to do with Beard. Any coach for any program in America is going to find a rationalization for a key player to play. If Texas Tech has any decent Title IX process, Beard won't have any role in the outcome.

Let's not make him out to be a no-nonsense saint. Brandone Francis had issues at Florida. Chris Clarke at Virginia Tech was suspended a full year for beating up his girlfriend and Beard took him. Corprew had some past issues before coming to Texas Tech. Most coaches are going to bring the best players in that they can get away with.

If Texas Tech has a good Title IX system, hopefully there is a just outcome but it won't be resolved quickly. If there is corruption or TT doesn't have a good Title IX system then who knows what will happen. Probably more of a microscope on the program now that they have had some recent success. I'm sure there are plenty of people watching this carefully.
swing and miss on Clarke.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

Fozzie said:

zebbie said:

Culver was the only returning starter on last year's team. Norense, while experienced , was coming off an injury. Missed 11 games.. Moretti had marginal minutes.
Francis also played a lot the year before

zebbie
Yeah, he was such the key player that we were picked 7th instead of 9th in the conference last year.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

Yeah, he was such the key player that we were picked 7th instead of 9th in the conference last year.
he was a top 30 player coming out of high school. Let's not pretend that he's some spare.
zebbie

and what would you have said if I posted last year, "Tech is going to knock off KU and come within seconds of winning it all with this group...."

a
Fozzie
I would say I don't care.

"The past is last" Texas Tech grad Art Briles
BearN
zebbie said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

zebbie said:

Hey dumb!@#k...

Different football coach, different program. Agreed. Lots of smoke around the program Matt Wells left at Utah State for sexual assault.
BUbearinARK
Man, Y'all are ruthless to poor zebbie. Not cool!

Now question Zeb, was the stuffed crust a limited time deal or is it still on the menu?
zebbie
Well, he's gone.
Fozzie
zebbie said:

Well, he's gone.
must have been really, really bad
bunation
zebbie said:

.....do you want me to list all the shady players (and coaches) who have passed through your programs?

Point made.

No.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.