I SAW MATTHEW MAYERS AT MCLANE STADIUM DURING HALF TIME

2,240 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Yogi
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It was nice to see him. I wished him a good season.

I know it doesn't amount to much in the big scheme of things, but I enjoyed my brief encounter.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
vanillabryce
Did he look like he's put on some lean mass?
Ashley Hodge
Staff
vanillabryce said:

Did he look like he's put on some lean mass?
he's probably put on 15 lbs of muscle since arriving at Baylor. Charlie Melton- strength coach- is one of the best around.
DanaDane
Game moved way too fast for him last year (as it does for most freshmen) and he responded with a bundle of jittery nerves taking wild shots at times and making boneheaded turnovers.

I fully expect him to be one of the biggest improvements in year 2 as he becomes more poised and his shots start dropping. He has all the skills to be a special player.
historian
I have no idea what is weight is now. He looked as lean as ever but I am no judge of such things. At the beginning of the season, they should have updated stats for the players. We'll know then.

He was pleasant and I was glad to have met him. I do hope he has a great year. We know Coach Drew has an eye for talent and saw something in this kid even if we did not see it consistently last season. We also know that there is lots of talent on the team and they can spur each other on. It will be fun to watch.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
TXWayne
Ran into Scott Drew at Cabelas this afternoon in the ammo isle when I popped in to get some .45 ammo while it was on sale. Wished him the best for a great season, both basketball and dove......was buying shotgun shells so assume he was going after some.
vanillabryce
Awesome. I am 6'5 and had a similar build to Mayer (not the case anymore ). It was hard to gain weight and as he gains strength he will gain confidence.
Yogi
Kim Mulkey doesn't shop for shotgun shells to go dove hunting.

She just stares at them...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.