Story Poster
Baylor Basketball Recruiting

MBB: LJ Cryer Makes It Official

November 14, 2019

LJ Cryer is a explosive guard who can score, lead and distribute.  He plays with a fearlessness that reminds me of a young Allen Iverson.  He was the second 2020 commit for Baylor, a class rated #8 by 247Sports.  He is joined in this outstanding 2020 class by two skilled bigs, Dain Dainja and  Zach Loveday.  When Cryer committed, I released this article.  

Here are a few comments on how it feels to make it official.  

http://instagr.am/p/B43wCWeFFDF

How does it feel to make it official?  

Cryer:  It feels great to officially become a Bear and a part of the family.  

What are your goals this year on and off the court?

Cryer:   I want to win a state championship.  I also want to have a memorable senior year with my friends.  

Discussion from...

MBB: LJ Cryer Makes It Official

9,213 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chasebears
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
have loved getting to know this family during the recruiting progress. May have visited Baylor more than any player in MBB history and the efforts were worth it. This guy has "it". A great backcourt gets better. Baby Iverson! Also some comparisons to Carsen Edwards. LJ can GO!
NOVA Bear
Kid's a winner!
BearN
So glad he's a Bear! What an awesome addition to the Baylor Family.
Fil
Yessssss!!! Awesome get by CSD!

Welcome to the family!
Ludwig von Missi
Attaboy LJ! So happy you're a part of the Baylor family. You're going to love it. Can't wait to see you play!!
burg0047
Welcome to the family, young man. So ver pleased you're a Baylor Bear! Sic'Em!!
Bear Fever
Welcome LJ. Glad to have you in the Baylor Family. No better time to become a Baylor Bear than now! Great things are happening everywhere you look. Good times ahead and you will be a big part of them.
boxster
Welcome LJ.

You guys in this class need to stay 3 years. Can do great things together.
setshot
Quality high school point guards are not plentiful and the one area of greatest concern in recruitment over the years has been the failure to acquire one who could grow into a dominant court presence for the program. Drew has had to rely on junior college guards, a hit or miss proposition, and while he has had notable success a time or two, the signing of Jared Butler two years ago was a welcome gift from Alabama, one that was at first shadowed by some questions about his health and how that might affect his future. He has been outstanding, and now we appear to have wooed and won the commitment of yet another. If this is a trend, it promises to open up a new era for Baylor basketball, one magnified by the opening of a new playing arena. Things look good for the Bears.....
baylor88bear
Welcome LJ. Glad to have you!
forza orsi
This is great news! A really talented guard to go with the bigs that have committed. This is looking like a really great class. Welcome LJ!
Volunteer
Welcome to Baylor LJ! We're so glad to have you and your family as part of our family. Can't wait to see you play!
Brownbw
Grrrrrrr bear talk for welcome
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
Eball
Looking forward to watching him play for the Green and Gold!
Glu11
Congrats Lj! Good luck in your senior year. Can't wait to see that smooth stroke on the court for BU!
Maipenrai
CN't wait to see him play. Fantastic pickup!
Chasebears
LJ, Welcome to this awesome University and to the city of Waco. Always, always remember this on your Journey:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
Keep the Faith

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.