Dec 7

2,936 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
Alf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just noticed that game time for Arizona game is the same time as Big 12 championship. I don't suppose there's anyway they can change the start time? Doesn't bode well for a good fan turn out for this important game for the Bears.
trey3216
Alf said:

Just noticed that game time for Arizona game is the same time as Big 12 championship. I don't suppose there's anyway they can change the start time? Doesn't bode well for a good fan turn out for this important game for the Bears.

Can't change it as Volleyball is also here that evening.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Alf
trey3216 said:

Alf said:

Very unfortunate scheduling by Baylor. From here on out let's assume that we will be in the Championship game and schedule accordingly.
whitetrash
I presume we didn't expect to be in the BigXII championship game. Not unlike the first time the Mavericks made the NBA playoffs in 1984 and Reunion Arena was booked with the circus. Mavs had to go play at Moody Coliseum.
Jack Bauer
#10 Football in Big12 Championship
#19 Basketball playing #14 Arizona
#1 Volleyball hosting NCAA 1st/2nd round

And WBB is #2.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, BABY!!!
HoustonBear15
Alf said:

trey3216 said:

Alf said:

Very unfortunate scheduling by Baylor. From here on out let's assume that we will be in the Championship game and schedule accordingly.
It's the NCAA tournament for the volleyball team that weekend. Can't control that
Alf
HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

trey3216 said:

Alf said:

It's the NCAA tournament for the volleyball team that weekend. Can't control that

Right, but you can control the men's bb schedule
HoustonBear15
Alf said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

trey3216 said:

Alf said:

The time for the championship game was announced 2 days after the complete men's basketball schedule was released. The game against Arizona was picked up by ESPN so they were the ones who picked the timing.
whitetrash
I thought I had seen something that the Arizona game was originally supposed to be at 7pm. I'm guessing ESPN moved it to 11 to fill a time slot while waiting for somebody's CCG to air later in the day. I hope it wasn't moved to early to accomodate hosting 1st round volleyball matches.

That being said, the game will tip off at 9am Arizona time. Hopefully they will still be sleepy at tipoff.
HoustonBear15
whitetrash said:

I thought I had seen something that the Arizona game was originally supposed to be at 7pm. I'm guessing ESPN moved it to 11 to fill a time slot while waiting for somebody's CCG to air later in the day. I hope it wasn't moved to early to accomodate hosting 1st round volleyball matches.

That being said, the game will tip off at 9am Arizona time. Hopefully they will still be sleepy at tipoff.
Our volleyball team is most likely going to be the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tourney which means they'll be hosting the first 4 rounds. Visiting teams have to have access to the court for a certain amount of time on the day of the game so if they did move the game for the volleyball matches, they most likely did not have a choice.
Alf
HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

trey3216 said:

Alf said:

The time for the championship game was announced 2 days after the complete men's basketball schedule was released. The game against Arizona was picked up by ESPN so they were the ones who picked the timing.

Gotchya, what I'm saying is we shouldn't schedule a game at all on that date regardless of timing. Schedule it Friday or Sunday. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
whitetrash
Other participants in CCGs with basketball games on Dec 7:

#10 Ohio St basketball hosts Penn St at 11; B1G CCG at 7 in Indianapolis

*Wisconsin basketball hosts Indiana at 3:30; B1G CCG at 7 in Indianapolis

**Boise St basketball hosts Colo St at 3; MW CCG at 3:00 at Boise St

#11 Oregon basketball hosts Hawaii at 6; Pac12 CCG on Friday, MW CCG at 3:00

***#16 Memphis basketball at UAB at 4:30; AAC CCG at 2:30

****Navy basketball hosts Marist at 6; AAC CCG at 2:30

*Wisconsin goes to B1G CCG if they beat Minnesota

**Boise St currently has an even bigger logistical issue than we do, considering that they are scheduled to host the AAC CCG and a basketball game at the same time, and the arena is across the parking lot from the football stadium. My guess is they are working on getting ColoSt to agree to move start time of the basketball game. It's not listed as televised.

**Memphis goes to AAC CCG if they beat Cincinnati or Navy loses. Memphis would host CCG if they beat Cincy of if they lose and Navy loses too.

***Navy goes to AAC CCG if they beat Houston and Cincy beats Memphis. Cincy would host CCG.

HoustonBear15
Alf said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

HoustonBear15 said:

Alf said:

trey3216 said:

Alf said:

Gotchya, what I'm saying is we shouldn't schedule a game at all on that date regardless of timing. Schedule it Friday or Sunday. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Except all 4 volleyball teams that will be here for the regional also have to have access to FC the day before the matches as well. And then it's a two round thing so it all repeats the next day. The problems weren't on Baylor's end. It's the football game being scheduled at 11
AvrgBear
Who thought it would be a good idea for us to sink the Arizona on Pearl Harbor Day, anyway?
Jack Bauer
Volleyball currently down 1st set and losing 2nd one to WVa.
whitetrash
What is it about #1 ranked BU teams having to immediately play in Morgantown? Shades of the men's BB team.
Stefano DiMera
Actually is was WCT (World Championship Tennis)
MrGolfguy
Alf said:

Baylor is just announced they're marketing this game as "Christmas at the Ferrell Center"; they're throwing open the doors and giving free admission to the game and will have the football game on the video board.
Jack Bauer
MrGolfguy said:

Alf said:

Baylor is just announced they're marketing this game as "Christmas at the Ferrell Center"; they're throwing open the doors and giving free admission to the game and will have the football game on the video board.

We went to a BU basketball game the night before the Cotton bowl. No band, no cheerleaders, no mascot.

It felt like a scrimmage.
BUbackerinET
No surprise there - ABC/ESPN will determine the CFB Playoff teams too
gone to Tickfaw
do you want to see a win or a blowout?
BUrbon
This is quite the fans dilemma.
It's assured we are only school with this issue, if one calls it that. I'll say Merry Christmas BU nation.
Enjoy the ride. Multiple top teams battling for fan support at approximately same time.
Sic 'em
Ashley Hodge
Staff
BUrbon said:

This is quite the fans dilemma.
It's assured we are only school with this issue, if one calls it that. I'll say Merry Christmas BU nation.
Enjoy the ride. Multiple top teams battling for fan support at approximately same time.
Sic 'em
you don't get a chance to go to football championships very often. As much as I love basketball, this is a no brainer to me. See you all at the Ferrell Center Saturday!!

On a serious note, there is a big push to get folks to donate season tickets to Baylor fans. If you have season tickets, please consider this. The gym will be overrun with Arizona fans and we need as many Baylor friendlies there as we can get..

http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20191104/61/c4/c6/c2/bfca7e50bddfb343115426d0/MBB_Seat_Upgrades_Instructions.pdf
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.