Story Poster
Photo by @Jay Biggerstaff
Baylor Basketball

MBB: #4 Baylor 67, #3 Kansas 55 Postgame Podcast & Thoughts

January 11, 2020

#4 Baylor (13-1; 3-0) slays the dragon at Allen Fieldhouse with a 67-55 victory over #3 Kansas (12-3; 2-1).   This is Baylor's 5th top 25 win and their second road win against a top 25 team in a row.  The Bears host Iowa State Wednesday night at 7pm CST at the Ferrell Center.  

Ten Observations

• Davion Mitchell is the first player that I have seen be able to contain Devon Dotson on dribble drive penetration.  Baylor’s scouting and execution was flawless.  
  • Kansas fans are pondering what they are going to get Jared Butler for Father’s Day this year.  
  • 65 points; 24 rebounds; 11 assists; 7 steals from Baylor’s starting 5 and only 2 turnovers.  
  • Freddie Gillespie held Udoka Azubuike to 6 points.  Freddie is a first team all Big12 big man if you want to consider all parts of basketball.  
  • This won’t be the last win in Allen Fieldhouse.  I like our chances the next couple of years if the roster plays out the way it should.  But I do not take this for granted.  
  • This is the first time in history that a college has had two top 5 road victories in basketball in the same week.  
  • The Bears are up to #4 in KenPom after this win and should be #1 in the nation when the polls come out Monday.  No one has a better resume.  
  • Scott Drew is 1-0 against Bill Self at Allen Fieldhouse in this decade
  • Macio Teague was tremendous and backed up his swagger with production- 16 pts; 7 rebounds; 3 assists and zero turnovers.
  • If you can’t trust Jared Butler, who can you trust?  Made a strong case for Big12 player of the year with that 22 point; 4 rebound; 3 assists; 2 steals and zero turnovers performance.  

Bonus:  I’ve never seen a more dominant 4 point (1-7 FGs) performance from a player in my life.  Mark Vital makes you want to quit basketball playing against him.  

This article is sponsored by Centex Bookkeeping.

Discussion from...

MBB: #4 Baylor 67, #3 Kansas 55 Postgame Podcast & Thoughts

4,461 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
OsoVerde
The last comment was the best, talking about Baylor winning a national championship.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Ashley Hodge
Staff
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Where is xiledinok? Did his trailer home in Oklahoma do a swirly in a tornado? Hope he is okay.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.