OK let's beat Florida this Saturday!!

2,334 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DanaDane
Tylerbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I imagine Florida might even be favored and they just whipped Auburn who was #4 this past Saturday

Will be a great game
EvilTroyAndAbed
Florida is good, but Auburn is overrated. Went undefeated through a crappy non conference.

We gotta play better offensively to win there though.
CHP Bear
In the eyes of the east, a win against Gators will be the national eye test we need and cement our arrival as a top tier team.
jdrs
Would be nice to hold onto #1 for awhile.
Big12Bear
O'Dome is tough. We've already played in two of the toughest environments. Why not make it three? This team is battle tested, but has a target on its back.
BUbackerinET
Fran Frischilla, who is usually with us was a total dou-c-h-e tonight, and stated we would certainly lose to Florida. We still get no respect from the media, even sitting at 1. He ranted about how Gonzaga should still be #1 for the margins of victory against BYU and Santa Clara. Mind-boggling. Not disputing the Zags are good, but he seemed giddy at the prospect of us losing to Florida, and straighten this out...
Big12Bear
Fran is one of the good guys. Pay it no mind. He likes Drew and BU, I promise.
BUbackerinET
Agree - no reason for us to not prevail in this game.
BUbackerinET
I agree with you, historically - he wasn't tonight...
Alf
At some point they will regain #1 with their weak schedule. So long as we can stay a #1 in the tournament we'll be good
lookin4awin
BUbackerinET said:

Fran Frischilla, who is usually with us was a total dou-c-h-e tonight, and stated we would certainly lose to Florida. We still get no respect from the media, even sitting at 1. He ranted about how Gonzaga should still be #1 for the margins of victory against BYU and Santa Clara. Mind-boggling. Not disputing the Zags are good, but he seemed giddy at the prospect of us losing to Florida, and straighten this out...
He was giddy enough to say it three and four times. Love Freddie Gillespie, but am getting weary now of hearing how is the most improved player in the league. At least ten times tonight. It is replacing Rico Gathers "being the heart and soul of this Baylor team." I think he just runs out of material.
osogreen
He was giddy enough to say it three and four times. Love Freddie Gillespie, but am getting weary now of hearing how is the most improved player in the league. At least ten times tonight. It is replacing Rico Gathers "being the heart and soul of this Baylor team." I think he just runs out of material.

I asked my wife once upon a time if she and her friends ever ran out of things to talk about.

"Yes," she said. "So we start over."
EvilTroyAndAbed
The fans on here definitely have a persecution complex. The guy who usually fawns over us saw the way we played in the second half and predicted a loss at Florida. Get over it.

Gonzaga is playing way better than us right now. Period. They are playing easier teams, but we never beat teams by 30. West Virginia beat Texas by almost 40 last night. These games are wins, but they're not statements. The Tech and Kansas games were statements. We need to have another statement game.
CST Bear
Though it may seem silly, especially with the ranking, I still feel like we have nothing to lose Saturday. The real pressure is winning home games that you need like last night.
Johnny Bear
Fran Frischilla is and always has been my favorite men's bball analyst. He did come across as a bit overly emphatic about why he felt the Zags should still be number one and about predicting a loss at Florida, but as far as at least the Florida thing goes, I understand. If we play anything like the way we've played the last two games, we will lose that one and we'll probably lose it decisively. The way the Gators are playing right now, it's probably going to take something at least close to the way we played at the Phog to win it. I hope that's what happens but I'm not going to be shocked if it doesn't.
Johnny Bear
JKCange said:

Though it may seem silly, especially with the ranking, I still feel like we have nothing to lose Saturday. The real pressure is winning home games that you need like last night.
Like everybody else, I want to win them all, but as we also all know, even the best teams lose some over the course of the season and our long winning streak is going to eventually come to an end. It's not going to be a "killer" if we go down this Saturday - I just hope if we do that it's still a competitive game and not some kind of a blowout.
Shakesbear
The lack of confidence in this team is a bit annoying. Yeah, we're probably not gonna win 'em all through a brutal Big XII conference, but that's not really the goal. I think winning the Big XII title and locking up a #1 seed in the tourney take precedence now. As I've mentioned before, the only time you really want to be ranked #1 in the nation is after the tourney is over
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Volunteer
IMO we have proven that we can be a very good team. We still have to prove that we can consistently be a very good team. We played like a championship team against Kansas, we managed to pull out a win against OSU (which was huge) and didn't play very well last night against OU. If we can step up and play consistently like we did against KU, this team will win it all.
jdrs
Need Butler to have a good game on Sat. He is due
Jacques Strap
When you still win games where you don't play particularly well and miss FTs at end of game you are a likely a well rounded team with grit. That's the Bears.
ABC BEAR
BUbackerinET said:

Yeah, he was acting all Fran Frish-Shilla on behalf of the Zags last night.
blackie
jdrs said:

Would be nice to hold onto #1 for awhile.
We've already surpassed our last length of time as #1.
Stefano DiMera
Not really..we lost to West Virginia on a Monday..then won our game that Saturday...so we had the ranking for a week.
cleareyesfullhearts
ESPN gives Baylor a 37% chance to win at Florida. I'm guessing we'll be 2-4 pt underdogs.
LIB,MR BEARS
We need two things. Butler to be a consistent scorer, which I think he will be and TClark to start logging more minutes and getting more board's.

In each of the last two games, he has been very good for the short time he was in.
Chamberman
Florida has two home losses this season. First to Florida State, who currently leads the ACC and is ranked 5th in the AP. This game was played way back in early November. Their second loss was to Utah State in late December. Utah State is 14-6 and in in 7th place in the Mountain West. Mike White is in his 5th season as Florida's HC. He's a good coach, but we should win.

Drew has this team poised and ready to play in any environment. Home court won't phase them.
perrynative
Bears seem to play better away from Waco.
McCavebear
perrynative said:

Bears seem to play better away from Waco.
True. Remember how they dominated Ou in Norman last year?

Bears killed sooners 77 to 47 in Norman last January.
McCavebear Lives!
Jorkel
This game should be fun to watch. I think we win easily down the stretch.
DanaDane
We haven't had a game in awhile where 2 of our 4 shooters (Butler, Teague, Mitchell, Bandoo) were hot from the outside. Seems like it's only been 1 of 4 for on any given night for awhile. The boxscore sometimes misleads one to think that 2 or 3 of the 4 were hot from outside because several scored double figures, but often it's not necessarily because of hot outside shooting but rather from dribble drive lay-ups.

One night soon 2, maybe 3, of the 4 are gonna be feelin' it from the outside and we're gonna run someone off the court. I wouldn't mind that night to be this Saturday.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.