Big 12 announces KU-K-State basket brawl suspensions

3,222 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by wuzzybear
Media Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kansas:
-- Silvio De Sousa 12 games
-- David McCormack 2 games

Kansas State
-- James Love 8 games
-- Antonio Gordon 3 games

https://big12sports.com/news/2020/1/22/mens-basketball-big-12-announces-basketball-suspensions.aspx

So .. De Sousa will be back in time for conference tournament. And others sooner than that.
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh eh ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
Chamberman
DeSousa back in time for the final regular season game against Tech.
Media Bear
Chamberman said:

Yep ... if you count the SEC Challenge game against Tennessee, back in time for Tceh.

Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. Ooh-ooh eh ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
Jorkel
I'm not going to lie...I love sports brawls.
DanaDane
So, what we have here is this:

Football player leads with a helmet, sometimes with no intent against another player who has pads and a helmet on and this happens on the field of play............and gets thrown out of that game and the 1st half (or 2nd half) of next game, so basically close to a 1 game suspension.

Basketball player runs off the court, into an area where handicapped people and others are seated and proceeds to literally curbstomp a guy who is defenseless and on the ground under 6 people with no protection.............and gets 2 games.

Yeah, sounds fair.
whitetrash
DanaDane said:

So, what we have here is this:

Football player leads with a helmet, sometimes with no intent against another player who has pads and a helmet on and this happens on the field of play............and gets thrown out of that game and the 1st half (or 2nd half) of next game, so basically close to a 1 game suspension.

Basketball player runs off the court, into an area where handicapped people and others are seated and proceeds to literally curbstomp a guy who is defenseless and on the ground under 6 people with no protection.............and gets 2 games.

Yeah, sounds fair.
1 game = 8.33% of football season

2 games = 6-7% of basketball season
Stefano DiMera
How long did Marcus Smart get for the Lubbock incident?
Aliceinbubbleland
Quote:

De Sousa was suspended last season for his role in the case, and he was supposed to sit out this season. However, the school successfully appealed the decision, allowing the junior forward to return to the court.

Nice. Big man money talks when thrown at the Big 12 Commish and NCAA
Aliceinbubbleland
Jorkel said:

I'm not going to lie...I love sports brawls.
Especially when aggy is involved. Remember the Waco lady hitting with her purse at numerous aggys in the old Heart O' Texas?
xiledinok
Good to be entertained with classless KU brawling and a getting valuable player taken out for most of conference play.
fubar
Chamberman said:

There are more stripes on one side of an adidas shoe than points scored by De Sousa in an average game.

Advantage: Tech.
boognish_bear
fubar
I don't know De Sousa, but that sounds like something an intern with the KU SID would write.

A freshman intern. Looking for some extra credit after his essay on the meaning of "rock chalk" got a d-minus.
DanaDane
fubar said:

I don't know De Sousa, but that sounds like something an intern with the KU SID would write.

A freshman intern. Looking for some extra credit after his essay on the meaning of "rock chalk" got a d-minus.
Gotta be a freshman intern because he/she forgot to add the ubiquitous, "This does not define who I am as a person....... " line.
historian
Problem is if he has done something like this before then it does define him as a person. Players who do this kind of thing repeatedly should be banned from the sport for life--at all levels. If we are going to make excuses or look the other way or slap them on the wrist then don't be surprised if they become thugs in professional life & beat up on people and get a rap sheet a mile long.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Porteroso
I'll allow a kid the chance to apologize lol, not all of us have to sneer at an apology. Is it sincere? Who knows, but I'm glad he apologized. He admitted it was bad, which is the first step towards fixing his problem. Good for him.
historian
True. But I sometimes wonder about the sincerity. Did he do this because the coaches told him to? Was this done to prevent a harsh penalty? In other words, is anything really going to change or is he going to be back to his same old self when they come to Waco?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Johnny Bear
fubar said:

For some reason this reminds me of Brittney Griner's written apology on the womens' side several years ago after she decked the girl from TTech which was also likely written mostly if not entirely by someone else (like her book that came out soon after she left BU).
gobears20
Staff
Is that suspended without pay?
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
blackie
IMO, the SEC challenge game should not count. It is a conference penalty occurring from a conference game. The suspension should be for conference games.
Aliceinbubbleland
boognish_bear said:

I'd be much more interested in watching him WRITE the apology rather then having something written for him by the AD or someone in the athletic department. Typical KU recruit.
whitetrash
Aliceinbubbleland said:

boognish_bear said:

I'd be much more interested in watching him WRITE the apology rather then having something written for him by the AD or someone in the athletic department. Typical KU recruit.
BearFan33
I thought these punishments appeared appropriate for the brawl. Who knows what the perfect formula is but this seemed OK to me. If people got hurt then it might need to be more severe. It certainly was a black eye for the conference.
Iron Claw
Dickie V exclaimed that Silvio should never be allowed to put on a basketball uniform again. I guess the Commish didn't ask him.
FKA tri it
boognish_bear
Aliceinbubbleland
Oh come on. It wasn't THAT bad.
DanaDane
fubar said:

See, fubar. The student intern at Illinois got it right. He/she remembered to throw in the ol' "doesn't define me or reflect me as a person" bs. Must have been a senior intern instead of the freshman at KU.
longtimebear
gobears20 said:

Is that suspended without pay?
HAAA HAAAA!
wuzzybear
KSU and WVU are thug teams. We need someone there who loves the color green to mop up if necessary. Hmmm....I'm thinking let's hire Connor McGregor to clean house cuz it won't take but 10 seconds if that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.