The announcer said (not Fran)...

3,093 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jokerman
gold rewards
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor will lose to Oklahoma, and Baylor will lose to Kansas.

One down...
EvilTroyAndAbed
Who and when?
Jack Bauer
The guy calling the game before ours (WVa and Okie State).
CNC
Wilbon said same thing (BU lose)earlier today. Said it was a trap game.
BUbackerinET
But, Franschilla DID say our team was like a "blind squirrel who has found an acorn" Yeah, Fran's a HUGE Baylor fan - he actually used to be, before we started really winning and upsetting the b'ball blueblood, large market teams. He also predicted we would lose to Kansas at Phog (which wasn't a stretch) - but he has picked against us in every game since, including UT. He got all bent out of shape when we moved ahead of Gonzaga, despite the Zags winning 2 games that week. Of course, that's ridiculous, because we had already beaten 5 T25 teams, and the wins the Zags got were not quality teams, and ours were solid (though not perfect), and against far superior talent top to bottom. He has carried that butt-hurt all year. I have tried to point this out on numerous threads this year, and have been bounced for it, I'll stand by my options here and previous posts on other threads.
Jack Bauer
BUbackerinET said:

But, Franschilla DID say our team was like a "blind squirrel who has found an acorn" Yeah, Fran's a HUGE Baylor fan - he actually used to be, before we started really winning and upsetting the b'ball blueblood, large market teams. He also predicted we would lose to Kansas at Phog (which wasn't a stretch) - but he has picked against us in every game since, including UT. He got all bent out of shape when we moved ahead of Gonzaga, despite the Zags winning 2 games that week. Of course, that's ridiculous, because we had already beaten 5 T25 teams, and the wins the Zags got were not quality teams, and ours were solid (though not perfect), and against far superior talent top to bottom.

Thats not at all what he said. The play by play announcer mentioned that Fran said during the Baylor-Texas game that Baylor could reach the Final 4.

Fran was referring to himself as in "I got one prediction right like a blind squirrel finding a nut"
BUbackerinET
Respectfully disagree
Baylor3216
BUbackerinET said:

But, Franschilla DID say our team was like a "blind squirrel who has found an acorn" Yeah, Fran's a HUGE Baylor fan - he actually used to be, before we started really winning and upsetting the b'ball blueblood, large market teams. He also predicted we would lose to Kansas at Phog (which wasn't a stretch) - but he has picked against us in every game since, including UT. He got all bent out of shape when we moved ahead of Gonzaga, despite the Zags winning 2 games that week. Of course, that's ridiculous, because we had already beaten 5 T25 teams, and the wins the Zags got were not quality teams, and ours were solid (though not perfect), and against far superior talent top to bottom. He has carried that butt-hurt all year. I have tried to point this out on numerous threads this year, and have been bounced for it, I'll stand by my options here and previous posts on other threads.

Lmao. Wrong

Not what he said
Beverly Hills Bear
I heard the same thing Jack Bauer
Goldigger
BUbackerinET said:

WRONG
PartyBear
Jack Bauer said:

BUbackerinET said:

But, Franschilla DID say our team was like a "blind squirrel who has found an acorn" Yeah, Fran's a HUGE Baylor fan - he actually used to be, before we started really winning and upsetting the b'ball blueblood, large market teams. He also predicted we would lose to Kansas at Phog (which wasn't a stretch) - but he has picked against us in every game since, including UT. He got all bent out of shape when we moved ahead of Gonzaga, despite the Zags winning 2 games that week. Of course, that's ridiculous, because we had already beaten 5 T25 teams, and the wins the Zags got were not quality teams, and ours were solid (though not perfect), and against far superior talent top to bottom.

Thats not at all what he said. The play by play announcer mentioned that Fran said during the Baylor-Texas game that Baylor could reach the Final 4.

Fran was referring to himself as in "I got one prediction right like a blind squirrel finding a nut"

This is exactly what the conversation was.
Chamberman
BUbackerinET maybe you should stick to listening to John Morris.
Jack Bauer
Chamberman said:

BUbackerinET maybe you should stick to listening to John Morris.

Didn't you hear Fran literally singing Boomer Sooner the whole game??!!!
GruntTuff
Fran is a HUGE Baylor and Drew fan. He is trying his best to be objective. He's doing a wonderful job. He's one of our biggest boosters.

He's NOT a Baylor employee. If he were anymore PRO Baylor, it would be embarrassing.

He's a pro, and we are fortunate to have him calling Baylor games.

If anyone doesn't get this, they have not been watching and listening.
contrario
BUbackerinET said:

This is proof some people hear what they want to hear. The conversation contained some of the words you said, but not in the context that you said it.
RegentCoverup
At best it was a poor choice of words.

possible12
Jack Bauer said:

BUbackerinET said:

Absolutely correct.
EvilTroyAndAbed
The game after we moved ahead of Gonzaga (or maybe the Saturday after), Fran was calling the game, and we played like crap, and he was honest about it. The reason why not everyone has gotten on the bandwagon is because for a number of games, we have not played well. We have allowed runs instead of stepping on throats. That's fine. But quit trying to play the "no respect" card. It's tiresome.
osogreen
Sounds like diaper rash is a systemic problem with some of our fan base.

Wanna feel dumped on? Try being an Astros fan.
Pam Manhart
Jack Bauer said:

BUbackerinET said:

Agree, he was saying that happens but its not the case with Baylor. He was actually quite proud of saying he's been believing in Baylor since the beginning.
Pam Manhart
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Who and when?
Last night announcing the BU OU MBB - Chris? Spatola?
Pam Manhart
What I didn't understand was the comment about Coach Jerome Tang. "Been with Drew for 17 years and soon to become a head coach", did I miss something?
Shakesbear
BUbackerinET said:

Respectfully disagree
Yeah, that's what he was replying to. But I'll give you this, my wife had to ask me what he was talking about, so I gave her my best golf analogy about making a lucky, improbable shot
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
Backporch
Fran's son played at OU. It's no surprise he's a homer.
Jokerman
Why are we here again?
The collective IQ just took the nosedive.
Again.

*sheesh*
*sigh*
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.