NBA Cancels Season

4,083 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mitch Blood Green
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You've got to be kidding
MrGolfguy
Suspends the season, not necessarily cancelled. Rudy Gobert of the Jazz has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Aliceinbubbleland
IowaBear
Expect the rest of NCAA season to be canceled within hours! It's over because of a complete overreaction
Aliceinbubbleland
Yeah, I tried to correct the title. It failed probably because we posted at the same time
DanaDane
NCAA Tournament is done. We had a helluva year, at least one I'll never forget as a Baylor fan.
gobears20
Staff
[url=https://ibb.co/MGgvHv5][/url]

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
IowaBear
It was done the moment the IVY league canceled. Pretty pathetic the drastic majors but what do I know. .000000000000000000001 % catches a brutal cold and it's shut down the country time
Jorkel
DanaDane said:

NCAA Tournament is done. We had a helluva year, at least one I'll never forget as a Baylor fan.

Have we ever ended the season top 5?!
BUbackerinET
I thought they just eliminated fan attendance, limited to the athletes, coaches, and families, did something changed, or are you making a prediction that they will go further?
Jacques Strap
Drip drip drip for weeks then BAM today the dam breaks.
IowaBear
BUbackerinET said:

I thought they just eliminated fan attendance, limited to the athletes, coaches, and families, did something changed, or are you making a prediction that they will go further?

They just postponed NBA season. There's zero chance they play any games tomm. Come 10 pm it's over
DanaDane
BUbackerinET said:

No announcement yet, but with NBA player testing positive and NBA halting season, I can't see any way it won't be and if you scan most of the media who follow college ball you will see that they are saying it's almost a foregone conclusion now.
IowaBear
This is such BS, can't believe this is how it's going to end!
Aliceinbubbleland
Can you imagine the financial damage to the networks? WOW!!!!
IowaBear
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Can you imagine the financial damage to the networks? WOW!!!!

No thanks to a National panic without any rational thinking. Just instant panic.
DanaDane
IowaBear said:

I know this is crazy and will never happen, but I wish the NCAA would grant a one-year exception that allowed any senior to come back for one more year if they so desired since this was a once in a lifetime occurrence that has happened with them.
Aliceinbubbleland
IowaBear
Yeah never gonna happen^ which is unfortunate for these kids. I called this last week when a buddy brought up the subject. I said the imminent one thing gets canceled it's over for everyone.
BearlySpeaking
If an empty arena basketball game is too much of a health risk, then that tells me it's time to start ordering restaurants, motels, and other public venues to close.
Illinois Bear
BearlySpeaking said:

If an empty arena basketball game is too much of a health risk, then that tells me it's time to start ordering restaurants, motels, and other public venues to close.

DanaDane
BluesBear
It's not a Public Health issue....we don't stop the season because someone has the FLU!!!!! Geez. When forklifts are loading up the dead bodies then we have an issue...

Then again, Bilas is pretty worried since he is getting up in age now....
BUbackerinET
Sorry, misread the post mixed NCAA up with NBA
BUbackerinET
They're all worried because they're not going to be working!
Johnny Bear
Unbelievable. You would think people are dropping dead in the streets and being piled onto carts to be hauled off for burial in shallow mass graves.

The ripple impact of panicking & cancelling everything on industries such as travel & hospitality is going to be far more destructive then this virus could ever be.
bear2be2
Johnny Bear said:

Unbelievable. You would think people are dropping dead in the streets and being piled onto carts to be hauled off for burial in shallow mass graves.

The ripple impact of panicking & cancelling everything on industries such as travel & hospitality is going to be far more destructive then this virus could ever be.
The elderly, for whom COVID-19 has about a 20 percent fatality rate, are dropping dead. And it's worth a little inconvenience to everyone else to try to stop that from happening to more ... especially given the rapid and unpredictable spread rate of this particular virus.
Baylor3216
Aliceinbubbleland said:

What open borders democrats don't realize is microbes don't give a what you think or who you vote for.

This is all fascinating to watch it play out. They called trump a xenophobic and racist for years and again when he issued the travel ban before ANYONE and now they are all scared they're gonna die.

Just utterly fascinating
Baylor3216
Johnny Bear said:

Is it gonna be like the Monty Python "bring out your dead" scene?
EatMoreSalmon
He's not dead yet, he's just suspended.
Mitch Blood Green
IowaBear said:

A player testing positive is insignificant?
Saddle Up!
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Yeah, that little stunt isn't playing as well now as it did when he did it.
Saddle Up!
DanaDane said:

I think Bilas has it backwards. Their is vastly greater motivation for the college kids to play their games. For many of them, seniors, this is the last meaningful BB that they will ever play, and the culmination of 4-5 years of blood and guts dedication, just at the college level. Now the experience is reduced to just immediate family, but at least they still have a chance to put some sort of exclamation point on their career. The pros are on guaranteed contracts, and there's always next year.
Yogi
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Mitch Blood Green
Baylor3216 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

What open borders democrats don't realize is microbes don't give a what you think or who you vote for.

This is all fascinating to watch it play out. They called trump a xenophobic and racist for years and again when he issued the travel ban before ANYONE and now they are all scared they're gonna die.

Just utterly fascinating

He didn't travel ban China or Europe until after the virus was here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.