If we play in 2020-2021

1,778 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by historian
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
IowaBear
Not unless we get better offensively and establish a front court. Like I said Dainja will help!
wuzzybear
IowaBear said:

Not unless we get better offensively and establish a front court. Like I said Dainja will help!
Totally agree. We currently have a team that started out unselfish in a positive way and ended being a team being unselfish in a negative way bc so many open shots were just passed up. It got to the point I had no idea what we were running. It just looked like a bunch of dribbling and one on one moves then a crazy off balance shot at the end of the shot clock while other teams made sharp passes and found the open guy and we were not closing out as quickly as we should. Yeah, we weren't as healthy, but you can't use that as an excuse. After all, the bench players practice against these elites.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the year up until the TCU game. I thought the home game vs. KU was a winnable game, but they had made the adjustments and you are not going to beat Self the same way for a 2nd time. Our win over them sort of changed their own season when they realized they needed to go smaller and why not when you've got Bazooka taking care of the paint.
IowaBear
Will have be deeper next year. The 3 freshman could all play if needed. Loveday will RS. Turner is going to be a stud and Flagler will be the best 3pt shooter on the team. It'll come down to post play. If Clark is back to normal will be as good as anyone in the country
Tylerbear
Assuming basketball played next year?

If we don't play FB this fall nor basketball next spring means no sports for entire year - not even in the Great Depression did we have that

And if we are all isolated a year from now we will be in a Greater Depression

We have lost our collective minds if that happens
historian
The economy has already taken a hit and will get worse. Much depends on how the government responds or, better yet, gets out of the way of American entrepreneurs. One of the reasons the Great Depression was so terrible and lasted so long is because the government did everything they could to "fix" it--making everything much worse. The economy did not have a real recovery until after WWII.

We do not need a repeat of those events in any way, although the incompetent Chines dictatorship that created this mess could easily make things worse. A Greater Depression is by no means inevitable and certainly avoidable. Much depends on how the politicians--American & Chinese--act. We are doomed.

If you don't have a personal relationship with Christ, there is no time like the present!
Johnny Bear
historian said:

The economy has already taken a hit and will get worse. Much depends on how the government responds or, better yet, gets out of the way of American entrepreneurs. One of the reasons the Great Depression was so terrible and lasted so long is because the government did everything they could to "fix" it--making everything much worse. The economy did not have a real recovery until after WWII.

We do not need a repeat of those events in any way, although the incompetent Chines dictatorship that created this mess could easily make things worse. A Greater Depression is by no means inevitable and certainly avoidable. Much depends on how the politicians--American & Chinese--act. We are doomed.

If you don't have a personal relationship with Christ, there is no time like the present!

I know this isn't the "R & P Board", but I can't help but comment that it's refreshing to see somebody else that understands what a historical misnomer it is to believe the "New Deal" worked and "saved" America from the Great Depression. Government "fixes" to economic issues virtually always fail and if anything just make things worse and/or create additional problems that didn't exist before.

Also, amen to your last sentence!
historian
I know this is not R&P (I never go there) and my post was borderline. But in this context, it's impossible not to approach that border occasionally--frequently.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.