Dain Dainja Pronunciation

1,732 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Saddle Up!
Asheville Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am 99% sure it's pronounced DAYN-ja, not DON-ja. The reason is because when he announced his commitment, I happened to be in Minnesota. I figured why not write him a congratulatory letter and bring it to his school. When I got there, I asked someone, "Can you please give this to Dain Dayn-ja/Don-ja?" The coach replied "Oh yeah, Dain Dayn-ja? I'll give it to him!"

So there you have it. I've heard some of the SicEm365 podcast hosts and Our Daily Bears hosts say Don-ja, so I just wanted to throw this out there for future reference. It's way cooler this way anyway! The danger of Dain Dainja will be upon college basketball for 2020-2021!!
Johnny Bear
I just hope he's "dangerous" as far as our future opponents go.
IowaBear
Johnny Bear said:

I just hope he's "dangerous" as far as our future opponents go.

Man amongst boys. He will come to Waco and immediately be our strongest player... by a landslide
setshot
IowaBear, yoyu have not seen Jonathan Tchumchua. I grant you that Dainja is more skilled offensively, but JTT is far more physically imposing and far more mature. Dainja will be challenged when he goes up against him in practice. It will be good for both of them.
IowaBear
setshot said:

IowaBear, yoyu have not seen Jonathan Tchumchua. I grant you that Dainja is more skilled offensively, but JTT is far more physically imposing and far more mature. Dainja will be challenged when he goes up against him in practice. It will be good for both of them.

I've stood next to Dainja several times. You're right I haven't seen JTT but I have my doubts he's truly stronger then Dainja. He may be challenged physically but few and I do mean that generously few if any will overwhelm Dain even as a freshman.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
thanks for clarification on name. JTT, Clark and Vital will all be a lot stronger but Dainja has a huge, huge ceiling. I'm very excited about his potential.
Saddle Up!
setshot said:

Me likey!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.