Oklahoma St given post-season ban by NCAA

3,360 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by blackie
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bear8084
Somewhere out there, a toupee is getting very sweaty.
BearFan33
If I read the CBS report correctly, there is a laundry list of other sanctions as well.
whitetrash
In similar news, KU will be given a postseason ban for 2019-20.
boognish_bear
OSU plans to appeal and fight it

vanillabryce
If Cade Cunningham is in Stillwater this fall, somebody got paid.
Vaughan53
I just have a hard time believing the NCAA will drop the hammer on Kansas they don't drop the hammer on big schools like UNC but do on small schools like Missouri it doesn't matter whether the school cooperated or not
DanaDane
18-14
12-20
20-13
21-15
12-20
18-14

OSU's basketball records the past 6 years. They're not very good at this cheating stuff. If you're gonna cheat, at least win something.
TechDawgMc
DanaDane said:

18-14
12-20
20-13
21-15
12-20
18-14

OSU's basketball records the past 6 years. They're not very good at this cheating stuff. If you're gonna cheat, at least win something.
If you think back to the times we were cheating, we seem to have the same problem.

KU has gotten a lot more mileage out of cheating than schools like OSU and BU have.
RegentCoverup
Vaughan53 said:

I just have a hard time believing the NCAA will drop the hammer on Kansas they don't drop the hammer on big schools like UNC but do on small schools like Missouri it doesn't matter whether the school cooperated or not
I've maintained all along that the NCAA is sort of like an angry animal that is cornered in this deal

The FBI did their work for them, doing everything but lining up the evidence and filing it themselves. In fact, the NCAA had to spend very little on paperwork. Remember Lamont Evans got three years in prison and may be deported. That made the NCAA look lost, and now the NCAA has to make a public display of their own commitment to do their job.

They don't have a choice with Kansas, they have to hammer them.

If they don't,every coach in the country starts looking for a disposable assistant that just handles money and wire transfers to potential players.

It could still go either way, but if Kansas walks, players are going to get paid like never before.
Baylor3216
One wonders how the looming financial disaster that is faux corona will factor in. This would be a really bad time to be selfminflicting a presumed major revenue issue
Johnny Bear
TechDawgMc said:

DanaDane said:

18-14
12-20
20-13
21-15
12-20
18-14

If you think back to the times we were cheating, we seem to have the same problem.

Actually, we've been even worse at it as the guys that inevitably brought us down were consistently either guys that never saw the floor for us or were at most minor bit trash time type players.
Stefano DiMera
Cheating under Haller...we were terrible
Cheating under Johnson...we were decent..almost won the SWC one year.
Cheating under Bliss..extremely mediocre
historian
CBS report on the ban:

“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BluesBear
Question....if the Tournament is cancelled again and not played until 2022.....did they fulfill the ban?
historian
Probably not.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Johnny Bear
Stefano DiMera said:

Cheating under Haller...we were terrible
Cheating under Johnson...we were decent..almost won the SWC one year.
Cheating under Bliss..extremely mediocre
I think you're confusing the season Gene Iba would've won the SWC title had his team not blown a late season game to Rice. There was a lot of excitement that Johnson had us on the upswing with better recruiting when his scandal hit the fan and we got in trouble over a group of recruits that ultimately never saw the floor for us, but I don't recall him almost winning a conference championship.
blackie
Hopefully there will be a post season from which to be banned.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.