Trouble at Texas Tech?

2,302 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BluesBear
bum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
one of my buddies who I game with is related to a Texas Tech basketball player. He says Beard pulled a couple of scholarships from freshmen and told them they would have to pay their own way for a year to make way for some transfers. Seems like short term thinking on Beard's part. He may have one more season and out of there.

He also told me the virus has spread like wildfire among the athletes and that they have a big problem on their hands and aren't disclosing numbers to try and suppress the info as long as possible. I'm talking about the coronavirus and not the typical viruses that circulate amongst the student population at the Harvard of the Southwest.
IowaBear
bum said:

one of my buddies who I game with is related to a Texas Tech basketball player. He says Beard pulled a couple of scholarships from freshmen and told them they would have to pay their own way for a year to make way for some transfers. Seems like short term thinking on Beard's part. He may have one more season and out of there.

He also told me the virus has spread like wildfire among the athletes and that they have a big problem on their hands and aren't disclosing numbers to try and suppress the info as long as possible. I'm talking about the coronavirus and not the typical viruses that circulate amongst the student population at the Harvard of the Southwest.

Beard isn't going anywhere, there a year removed from a national championship appearance
Ashley Hodge
Staff
bum said:

https://www.lubbockonline.com/sports/20200623/williams-column-double-t-doesnrsquot--stand-for-transparent-tech
Ashley Hodge
Staff
that article was in my google alerts email this morning
Johnny Bear
IowaBear said:

bum said:

Beard isn't going anywhere, there a year removed from a national championship appearance
Maybe bum is insinuating Beard could be leaving for a better offer after another season. I agree that barring something out of left field, TTech ain't firing him even if this upcoming season is a disappointment.
Baylor3216
Best bag man in big 12

Quote:

I'm talking about the coronavirus and not the typical viruses that circulate amongst the student population at the Harvard of the Southwest.
HA. One of the funniest lines I've heard in a while. Thank you for that. True, they are typically more concerned with another kind of protective mask in the mighty Lubbock-Amarillo metroplex.

No idea what Beard's doing there, but he's has so much success so quickly that he's more likely to step on some toes without calculating the long-term impact. My guess is he wants to pull a David McWilliams and bail for the Texas job and despite their continued strong recruiting, I really doubt Shaka is gonna be there in one year.
drahthaar
365 said:

Quote:

I'm talking about the coronavirus and not the typical viruses that circulate amongst the student population at the Harvard of the Southwest.
HA. One of the funniest lines I've heard in a while. Thank you for that. True, they are typically more concerned with another kind of protective mask in the mighty Lubbock-Amarillo metroplex.

No idea what Beard's doing there, but he's has so much success so quickly that he's more likely to step on some toes without calculating the long-term impact. My guess is he wants to pull a David McWilliams and bail for the Texas job and despite their continued strong recruiting, I really doubt Shaka is gonna be there in one year.
That deal may have already been cut.
TaylorHamm
This is false. all of it. Level 1 source. But it doesn't matter, Ags are going to win it all.
Mitch Henessey
TaylorHamm said:

This is false. all of it. Level 1 source. But it doesn't matter, Ags are going to win it all.
This can't be wrong. He followed Beard into his bathroom in his house to get the scoop.
BluesBear
Those are all lies. My wife's sister brother in law best friend lives in Lubbock and he said the Pizza delivery guy told him it's not Covid, it's an outbreak of herpes but they are masking it as Covid positive results.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.