Ranking the best basketball jobs by conference: Big 12

2,186 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
chorne68
This is crazy. The last 10 years the longhorn coach has been on the hot seat for loosing and is looking over his shoulder for the call that he is fired. UT...where great athletes go to be average and where hot coaches go to be fired.
CTbruin
Rivals revenue stream is subscription driven. There are a lot of cows that subscribe. Simple answer.
DanaDane
This ranking looks like the typical drivel from 15 year old internet basketball bloggers.
historian
It's all about the money: Texas has lots so they will always get lots of attention. Like preseason polls, this ranking means nothing. Baylor will almost certainly be #1 or #2 when the season starts and remain in the top 2-3 so long as we keep winning. Texas will probably be ranked but it might not last long as they start losing.

The only poll that really matters are those in February and March.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
vanillabryce
****ty list.

Tech has had a few good years, their one year was fantastic.

OU has been to two final fours in the last 10 years IIRC so no idea how they're below Tech or Okie Lite who's been absolute dog *****

WV has a case to make over Tech and Okie lite
Baylor3216
Not gonna click it
KEBasketball
Baylor3216 said:

Not gonna click it
Me either - anyone willing to post the list? I will say this...once the new basketball pavilion is up and running, Baylor should be a solid 2nd on any list such as this. Further, I think continued good recruiting and even to superior results with Kansas for a few years subsequent to that time will make Baylor #1 on a truly objective list. The next few years can change the script substantially if the performance is there.

Kansas is poised for a significant drop. Dollah Bill won't be able to do much about it once he's cooling his heels in Leavenworth (as long as they keep the contraband cellphones away from him)...

- KEB
drahthaar
chorne68 said:

This is crazy. The last 10 years the longhorn coach has been on the hot seat for loosing and is looking over his shoulder for the call that he is fired. UT...where great athletes go to be average and where hot coaches go to be fired.
Horn ought to be at the top of this kind of list, with the facilities, funding, pub it gets from the t-shirt media. but until the goons running the show hire a coach who is big enough to run his or her own program without interference from robe-touchers and meddlers in Austin, they'll keep getting what they have been getting: mediocre success.
gobears20
Staff
Kansas

Texas

Texas Tech

Baylor
4. Baylor

Location, location, location. Baylor's Waco campus is perfectly located to capitalize on the talent in Texas. Scott Drew and his staff don't have to drive much more than 100 miles in any direction from campus to find a ton of highly ranked recruits. Combine that with a supportive administration, resources and a new arena on the way and you have a pretty good job.

Oklahoma State

Oklahoma

West Virginia

Tied 8/9/10. ISU/KSU/TCU

Stefano DiMera
Iowa State should be much higher..unwavering fan support..proximity to Chicagoland area with most of thw nearby schools mediocre in basketball..
Green&GoldStandard
Stefano DiMera said:

Iowa State should be much higher..unwavering fan support..proximity to Chicagoland area with most of thw nearby schools mediocre in basketball..

Agreed my friend. If Scott had that kind support the sky would be the limit...but I like what he has built at Baylor
Green&GoldStandard
I guess a half empty Ferrell Center is >>> than a full Hilton Coliseum???
historian
Last year it was. But it was not half full for many games that I saw (which was most of them).
Green&GoldStandard
historian said:

Last year it was. But it was not half full for many games that I saw (which was most of them).

I trust you and take your word as truth. My opinion is/was based off of what they report.
historian
I had season tickets thankfully and went to most of the home games (Butler, Jackson State and all in 2020--I missed Arizona because I was at the football game). I did not count and some games certainly had lower attendance but I doubt many were half full. My "guesstimates" are based upon eyeballing it & my memory. Since MBB was on such a roll, I would be hard pressed to describe attendance in late January and all February games as low.
JP1037
historian said:

I had season tickets thankfully and went to most of the home games (Butler, Jackson State and all in 2020--I missed Arizona because I was at the football game). I did not count and some games certainly had lower attendance but I doubt many were half full. My "guesstimates" are based upon eyeballing it & my memory. Since MBB was on such a roll, I would be hard pressed to describe attendance in late January and all February games as low.
I concur. If we can pack the gym we will become a basketball powerhouse. Covid issues will interfere in 2020 but lets pray we can gather again the Spring.
gold rewards
JP1037 said:

I concur. If we can pack the gym we will become a basketball powerhouse. Covid issues will interfere in 2020 but lets pray we can gather again the Spring.

Shall we gather at the river?
historian
gold rewards said:

JP1037 said:

Shall we gather at the river?
Well, the Ferrell Center is on the banks of the Brazos...

I'm just sayin...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.