Ashley--a BB Schedule Question (December 19 PAC 12 Coast to Coast Challenge)

642 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since PAC 12 has cancelled ALL Fall 2020 Athletics (initially was just football but is now announced as ALL Fall 2020 Athletic Competitions), I assume that means its PAC 12 Coast to Coast BB Challenge scheduled for December 19 in Las Vegas is completely cancelled.

Both BU Women and Men were scheduled to play UOregon in that 4-game Challenge.

Slimecap or Ashley I can't find any press announcements on the Challenge Website, BU Women's BB websites, nor Oregon Athletics website noting any cancellation of the Challenge, but I assume it is self-evident.

Since Baylor has not yet released BB schedules (nor has Oregon), it makes sense that Baylor and Oregon are not "cancelling something that has not yet been publicly scheduled." But defacto the Challenge has to be cancelled since PAC 12's announcement last week. Also, Oregon is cancelling mens' and womens' Fall 2020 schedules for all athletics (formally Oregon's Athletics page shows football dates as "postponed" and the rest of its Fall 2020 schedule graphic is completely blank).

Am I reading the obvious tea leaves here correctly??? Or, as I often am, am I confused? Or have I missed any statement/announcement from BU Women's or Men's BB offices? I had already made plans to travel to Vegas for that Challenge (but had not yet bought tickets, waiting to see if a few other folk might want to buy with me).

Thanks to either one of you who can clarify.
Green&GoldStandard
IIRC Gonzaga was added to replace the Oregon game.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/preseason-top-two-teams-gonzaga-and-baylor-make-late-agreement-to-schedule-game-for-2020-21-season/
Ashley Hodge
Staff
put a note about this in the FRO but I would expect non conference to be mostly bubbles and I think our schedule might be upgraded significantly as a result.

There is some talk about a tournament with the top 8 teams in the country playing a round robin against each other for example.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.