ANY CHANCE OF REPLACEMENT GAME(S) FOR THOSE CANCELLED?

1,922 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since the first three games have been cancelled, it would be nice for the team to get at least one game in with somebody--anybody. Any chance of that happening? If they could arrange a last minute game with Houston for football, one would think something similar might be possible with MBB. (Yea, I know that was cancelled too.)

Cancellations, per Baylor MBB schedule:

https://baylorbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2020-21

Nov 25: Arizona State
Nov 26: Villanova or BC
Nov 29: Seton Hall

What a disappointment! After Drew & co. went through so much trouble to schedule a really tough group of non conference games against ranked opponents, some of them chicken out. What a bunch of wimps!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IowaBear
So we have canceled the SH game?
Illinois Bear
IowaBear said:

So we have canceled the SH game?

Baylorbears111
Aggie's have a spot available.
IowaBear
Good lord are we just gonna cancel everything!? They might as well cancel the season if this is how it's going to go. Save everyone the heartache
Texasjeremy
IowaBear said:

Good lord are we just gonna cancel everything!? They might as well cancel the season if this is how it's going to go. Save everyone the heartache
I think about 90% of your posts are about cancelling the season.
IowaBear
Texasjeremy said:

IowaBear said:

I think about 90% of your posts are about cancelling the season.

Nah only 42% of the time
BaylorRocks
IowaBear said:

And keep in mind, Baylor was very specific to clearly state "no refunds" with the basketball package options. So if games are not played.....for any reason........Baylor thanks you for your contribution.

Who's got the real heartache now?

Sic'em
Johnny Bear
Baylorbears111 said:

I've personally felt that we should never schedule the aggys in anything beyond being matched with them in a post season situation - especially in the revenue sports - but in the interests of just getting a game in perhaps we should make an exception in this case if they're also all in.
txrangers
AD said on radio with Smoak today that he is hopeful to have a replacement game against a quality opponent before Illinois game.
txrangers

historian
First good news regarding Baylor MBB schedule in awhile. I hope this is true.

Quote:

Quote:

I've personally felt that we should never schedule the aggys in anything beyond being matched with them in a post season situation - especially in the revenue sports - but in the interests of just getting a game in perhaps we should make an exception in this case if they're also all in.
I would love to see Baylor play the Aggies and do to them what we did to Texas in January & February: dominate.
historian
Nice to see Rhoades is working on it.
Mitch Henessey
Utah Valley State and Washington in Las Vegas this weekend sound like the resolution to this.

Too bad ASU chickened out. I was looking forward to handing them their asses tonight.
Aliceinbubbleland
Johnny Bear said:

Baylorbears111 said:

NO NO NO
BearnMI
Never. I still never want to give Aggie the satisfaction of playing Big XII. They turned their backs on the XII. We can play someone else.
BaylorHistory
Scott Drew has beaten A&M something like 7 out of the last 8 times we've played. I'd schedule them 5 times a year.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
historian
And they are terrible since they fired their coach. This is based upon the words of my Aggie friends. I never bothered to look them up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.