Are we playing MBB this weekend?

7 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Michibear
fullbears1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It seemed as though everything was set. Coach said on the Podcast that the team was loading up and heading to play in Vegas. I believe he stated the games were to be played on Friday and Saturday, but there has been information circulating that it would be Saturday and Sunday.

There has been nothing mentioned on ESPN's site or schedule, and there have been no adjustments to our schedule or that of the 2 teams we were said to be playing.

Does anyone have information regarding our Men's team playing this weekend?

Thanks.
TheDaiyaanKing
We're playing Utah Valley State and Washington this weekend I think. I asked Baylor Basketball Twitter and they said not tomorrow but we are playing games this weekend.
Stefano DiMera
Louisiana on Saturday..Washington on Sunday...Bears on plane to Vegas now..Drew returns Wednesday for Illinois.
IowaBear
Lafayette or Monroe?
BellCountyBear
What a mess.
txrangers
UL. Louisiana Lafayette now called Louisiana.
fullbears1
Stefano DiMera said:

Louisiana on Saturday..Washington on Sunday...Bears on plane to Vegas now..Drew returns Wednesday for Illinois.
Thank you.
fullbears1
Thank you.
CTbruin
Thanks for update
historian
My guess is they are waiting for everything to be in place before making an announcement. Look at what happened with football with all the cancellations and angst that it produced. Some people on these boards did not get over it until this month, if they have at all.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bear8084
historian
Hooray! It's disappointing that we don't play Villanova or ASU, but something is better than nothing. I really hope we get to play both in the NCAA Tourney--and then wipe the floor with them.

Part of me thinks that Baylor should claim the Empire Classic crown, since all of our opponents forfeited. But of course, it's too late for that now.

No, I really am not bitter. lol
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bear8084
BaylorHistory
Bob Marlin is a good coach for Louisiana. He gave us some fits at SHSU in the tourney.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
Michibear
FloHoops?? Pphhhtttt!
TheDaiyaanKing
There's other ways to watch for free....not gonna give any links but look for yourself
Michibear
TheDaiyaanKing said:

There's other ways to watch for free....not gonna give any links but look for yourself
Really? For a game streaming on FloHoops?
TheDaiyaanKing
Dunno if this is allowed or not but...I watched a flohoops game on livesport24 today
TheDaiyaanKing
Or go to r/ncaabballstreams (on Reddit of course) if you don't like livesport24. Just trying to save people $12.50 lol
Michibear
TheDaiyaanKing said:

Or go to r/ncaabballstreams (on Reddit of course) if you don't like livesport24. Just trying to save people $12.50 lol
You are a scholar and a gentleman.
Stefano DiMera
Will this be Tangs 4th time running the show? I remember the 2 game suspension for Drew...then his appendicitis ehen he missed..
KajunKarlsdad
txrangers said:

UL. Louisiana Lafayette now called Louisiana.

They are officially University of Louisiana AT Laffytaffy. They want to be called Louisiana, so jealous of LSU. There was an officially chartered University of Louisiana in the 1800's which later was renamed Tulane University after a mega donor.
CorsicanaBear
Guess I'll read about it when its over if the choice is signing up for Flohoops (proud home of the Turkish Airlines Euro League) or catching some incurable disease from Reddit. Bah and Humbug (timing seems good for that). I get that the team needs the work, but the Vegas Bubble, really?
Illigitimus non carborundum
Michibear
CorsicanaBear said:

Guess I'll read about it when its over if the choice is signing up for Flohoops (proud home of the Turkish Airlines Euro League) or catching some incurable disease from Reddit. Bah and Humbug (timing seems good for that). I get that the team needs the work, but the Vegas Bubble, really?

Watch the game. You can always get your PC a shot afterwards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.