Story Poster
Photo by Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
Baylor Basketball

Baylor MBB Home Game vs. West Virginia Postponed

January 11, 2021

WACO, Texas – The Baylor men’s basketball home game against West Virginia scheduled for Tuesday has been postponed in accordance with Big 12 Conference men’s basketball interruption guidelines, the conference office announced Monday. 

Baylor’s next game is at 3 p.m. CT Saturday at No. 18 Texas Tech on ESPN. The No. 2-ranked Bears were scheduled to host No. 14 West Virginia at 8 p.m. CT Tuesday at the Ferrell Center. 

Fans with tickets to the postponed WVU game can use those tickets for the make-up date when the game is rescheduled by the conference office.

The Bears are ranked No. 2 nationally after starting the season 11-0 with double-digits wins in all 11 games. The 11-game winning streak is tied for sixth-longest in program history, and the streak of double-digit wins is both the nation’s longest active streak and a school record. Baylor is off to a 4-0 start in Big 12 play for the second-consecutive season and fifth time in the league’s 25-year history.

Follow @BaylorMBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the year.

BAYLOR MBB 2020-21 UPDATED HOME SCHEDULE
Dec. 9 – Baylor 83, SFA 52

Dec. 21 – Baylor 99, UAPB 42

Dec. 29 – Baylor 93, Central Arkansas 56

Dec. 30 – Baylor 105, Alcorn State 76

Jan. 6 – Baylor 71, Oklahoma 61

Jan. 18 – Kansas (8 pm)

Jan. 27 – Kansas State (8 pm)

Jan. 30 – Auburn (1/3 pm)

Feb. 6 – TCU (3 pm)

Feb. 13 – Texas Tech (11 am/1 pm)

Feb. 20 – Oklahoma State (3/5 pm)

Feb. 23 – Iowa State (7 pm)
TBD – vs. Texas (rescheduled from Dec. 13)

TBD – vs. West Virginia (rescheduled from Jan. 12)

Discussion from...

Baylor MBB Home Game vs. West Virginia Postponed

7,485 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The game against Texas Tech on Saturday is still on the schedule--for now.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Shakesbear
Who got the Covid???
Retreat Hell! We just got here! The 2/5
IowaBear
Shakesbear said:

Who got the Covid???

WV
gobears20
Staff
Wonder if we would play that makeup week the Big 12 has against Texas and WV at home?

Wonder if we could bring someone else in this week to play?
IowaBear
gobears20 said:

Wonder if we would play that makeup week the Big 12 has against Texas and WV at home?

Wonder if we could bring someone else in this week to play?

Wouldn't that require another cancellation within B12 as all other games remain on schedule for this week
Saddle Up!
Not if it's an OOC game.
IowaBear
Saddle Up! said:

Not if it's an OOC game.

I thought only 7 non con games were allowed ?
historian
I think they toyed with the idea but I don't think it ever became official policy. The Frogs & Mountaineers have each played 8. I didn't check everyone else but I expect some of them have more as well.
IowaBear
historian said:

I think they toyed with the idea but I don't think it ever became official policy. The Frogs & Mountaineers have each played 8. I didn't check everyone else but I expect some of them have more as well.

Interesting, it would be nice to get a mid week game in. If nothing else but to get some run before Saturdays big game
historian
Too bad we cannot reschedule the Texas game this week.
Baylorbears111
Can we call Gonzaga?
historian
Funny you should mention that. I noticed a few days in our schedule in which we could squeeze them in (& likewise for them). It would be tight, but the game could be played. But I believe the Big 12 said they did not want any team playing a non conference game in the middle of the conference schedule so that idea is probably a nonstarter.

We will probably have to wait until March and play them in the Tournament--hopefully for the national title.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.