Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

David Kaye: We won't make up all the games but do plan to make up a few

February 10, 2021

Baylor Assistant AD for Communications addresses the rumors by CBS Sports that Baylor Men's Basketball team will not make up any of the games missed due to COVID-19.

To watch this video, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

David Kaye: We won't make up all the games but do plan to make up a few

2,535 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wrong answer
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

Wrong answer
Did you think we were going to be able to make up seven postponed games?
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wrong answer
Find a way
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wrong answer
Find a way

To schedule nine games in about 20 days?
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wrong answer
Find a way

Just being a curmudgeon. I understand they can't all be made up, but it's piss poor to start with giving up on trying.
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Wrong answer
Find a way

Just being a curmudgeon. I understand they can't all be made up, but it's piss poor to start with giving up on trying.

I think we have to be realistic. This situation is what it is. Just try to play as many games as you can before the conference tournament, since they seem insistent on having one. If we can get to 14 or 15 games, that will be enough to lock up the Big 12 title and get back into a rhythm before the tournament season.
CST Bear
not playing 18 sucks when we prioritized playing Auburn and other non bums in non con. This was challenging, but avoidable.

glass half empty: our regular season title will have a bit of an asterisk.
glass half full: i expect them to go to KC with a chip on their shoulder and beat the crap out of everyone in the league.

Just remember it could always be worse (Sloan, Stanton, Steele)
jsuder717
Baylor the university that can cancel games "14 days in advance" for COVID, also can't make them all up...I'm sure that makes sense . Baylor seems to be making a mockery of the big 12 with these lack of games played...
Fozzie
jsuder717 said:

Baylor the university that can cancel games "14 days in advance" for COVID, also can't make them all up...I'm sure that makes sense . Baylor seems to be making a mockery of the big 12 with these lack of games played...
lol, I'm sure they want to play all the games. Smoking everyone in the league is fun for them I'm sure.
jsuder717
Fozzie said:

jsuder717 said:

lol, I'm sure they want to play all the games. Smoking everyone in the league is fun for them I'm sure.

Haven't played WVU (who swept TTU and played Gonzaga tight). Also scoring 68 vs TTU doesn't sound like a "smoking"

Baylor is here to enjoy their tainted undefeated regular season by dodging a lot of games it feels like.
Fozzie
jsuder717 said:

Fozzie said:

jsuder717 said:

Haven't played WVU (who swept TTU and played Gonzaga tight). Also scoring 68 vs TTU doesn't sound like a "smoking"

Baylor is here to enjoy their tainted undefeated regular season by dodging a lot of games it feels like.
oh you're a Texas Tech fan, makes sense. I doubt Baylor is worried about playing anybody. But especially a team and coach that they are 5-1 against in the last 6. I've watched all of their games and at Tech was one of their worst performances of the year and they still won comfortably.
IowaBear
jsuder717 said:

You must be WV fan. Btw Baylor would sweep them and it wouldn't even be close. OU will hand you a humbling L on Saturday. Same OU BU toyed with
bear2be2
jsuder717 said:

Fozzie said:

jsuder717 said:

Joined Feb. 9. Sounds about right.

Troll, troll, troll your boat ...
Mitch Henessey
Much as I'd love to go 18-0 in conference, it's much more important that we don't go into the real tournament tired, or worse, injured.
Oldbear83
I want us healthy, undefeated, eager and hungry.

And to stay that way all through the NCAA tournament.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.