Scott Drew winning percentage

2,030 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
UBBY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scott Drew has a career record of .611 and conference record of .459 at Baylor.
However since 2011 he has a career record of .706 and conference record of .583 at Baylor. If he coached at Baylor for another 20 years he would average 25 wins per year and have 500 wins. This would put him at 779 wins for his career at Baylor.
The X Factor
Above average! That's all we should expect for our men's hoops program.
lancebu
The X Factor said:

Can't help stupid I guess.
Ludwig von Missi
The X Factor said:

You are such a piece of *****
Hambone
The X Factor said:

Baylor basketball this decade:

averaging nearly 25 wins a season (198 in last 8 seasons)

6 tourney bids, 1 NIT title

4 Sweet 16s

2 Elite 8s

2nd most regular season Big 12 wins, ahead of ISU/KSU

we are one of the best 15 programs in the nation. that is strange way to define "above average"

we may only be an "above average" Big 12 team, but the Big 12 just so happens to be the #1 KenPom league 4 years running... on a national scale, we are arguably approaching new blue blood status.

you are intellectually dishonest because you personally dislike Drew. your agenda is stale and not rooted in reality, but personal bias.
UBBY
Update

Over the past 2 seasons Scott Drew has an overall record of .900 and conference record of .875.

Baylor won the 2020-2021 National Championship.

Incredible.
historian
Most of these posts are from 2017. If it were this year it would be incredibly stupid. From four years ago it just sounds like a pathetic troll.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BearnMI
Hambone said:

The X Factor said:

Baylor basketball this decade:

averaging nearly 25 wins a season (198 in last 8 seasons)

6 tourney bids, 1 NIT title

4 Sweet 16s

2 Elite 8s

2nd most regular season Big 12 wins, ahead of ISU/KSU

we are one of the best 15 programs in the nation. that is strange way to define "above average"

we may only be an "above average" Big 12 team, but the Big 12 just so happens to be the #1 KenPom league 4 years running... on a national scale, we are arguably approaching new blue blood status.

you are intellectually dishonest because you personally dislike Drew. your agenda is stale and not rooted in reality, but personal bias.
Thank you.
setshot
Thanks, Hambone. That sort of breakdown is valuable and I suggest that you just put it on hold. The doubt about Drew should have been put to rest long ago, and completely deflated after last April, but the folks with an agenda of some kind probably will not be persuaded.

It is interesting that Drew has grown (as has Tang and the rest of his staff) over the years, both steadily and with occasional leaps, yet his critics do not seem to be willing to grow with him. That is a shame, because they are missing out on one of the outstanding ascendant coaching careers in the history of college basketball.
historian
So true. At least Drew's critics are a lot easier to ignore now!
Freedomb3ar
setshot said:

Thanks, Hambone. That sort of breakdown is valuable and I suggest that you just put it on hold. The doubt about Drew should have been put to rest long ago, and completely deflated after last April, but the folks with an agenda of some kind probably will not be persuaded.

It is interesting that Drew has grown (as has Tang and the rest of his staff) over the years, both steadily and with occasional leaps, yet his critics do not seem to be willing to grow with him. That is a shame, because they are missing out on one of the outstanding ascendant coaching careers in the history of college basketball.

Y'all realize that post is almost 5 years old right? Facts are facts but it needs some updating
setshot
Hambone still checks this site from time to time, and I would imagine that he has already updated this posting.
Nothing has changed about its essence.
Porteroso
I can appreciate the doubt. I also wondered whether Drew could take us all the way to the promised land. Typically, schools like Baylor don't get there, even with their best teams, even if the are competitive every year in their league. And Drew didn't exactly come from a blue blood.

You can frame this as "doubters are stupid," or you can frame it as we are incredibly lucky that the perfect combination of players, coaches, and circumstances came together, for us to do something most schools only dream about.
Mitch Henessey
Doubt is totally fine. Constantly looking for the negative and rejoicing in losses so you can rub it in others' faces is why X Factor and others in his vein (EGOTbear, xiledinok, etc.) deserve every bit of the scorn they would get if they ever dared to show their faces around here anymore.
Freedomb3ar
After near 15 years of Drew success, it would be hard to Imagine people doubting Drew. Once he got to full strength, he's with very rare exception been at least top 25, if not elite.

Some may complain about the hair they see on Sofia Vergara's lip though
Freedomb3ar
setshot said:

Hambone still checks this site from time to time, and I would imagine that he has already updated this posting.
Nothing has changed about its essence.

For sure. Ensuring those reading didn't miss that there's so many amazing things to add from the last 5 years.
historian
So true. Just in the past 2 years, amazing records & accomplishments:
- 23 game winning streak, greatest in Big 12 history
- first ever win in Allen Field House, & a dominant one
- #1 in the nation for 5 weeks in a row, a program record
- starting 18-0, a program record ??
- ranked in the top 3 all season in 2020-21
- first ever Big 12 title, first conference title since 1950
- first ever consensus All-American in Jared Butler
- Mitchell sweeping defensive PoY honors
- first ever #1 seed in NCAA tournament
- first Final Four appearance since 1950
- first National Championship, dominating Gonzaga

I'm sure I missed some items but still an impressive list: better than anyone else in the conference or the state.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.