So Big 12 is going to postpone/cancel WVU/Baylor

6,836 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

Projected total number of conference games:

KU: 18
OkSt: 18
KSt: 18
IowaSt: 18
Tech: 18

UT: 17
TCU: 17
OU: 17
WV: 17

BU: 14

Only games to not be played are the 4 games against BU
And 3 of those 4 are relatively close to Baylor--2 very close.
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Jacques Strap
gobears20 said:

@WVU in Waco?
T-REX
historian said:

I hate this because a friend & I have 3 tickets for the game in Waco. What is going to happen to those? And when will something be announced?
no refunds if bought as season tickets. Online spurces such as stubhub give you a credit such as 120% of value
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Adriacus Peratuun
Jacques Strap said:

gobears20 said:

@WVU in Waco?
Back in the Day, Sues #2 could easily have been a satellite branch of WVU.
BearTruth13
Is kind of lame that our only Big 12 championship will have a asterisk next to it.
Bear8084
BearTruth13 said:

Is kind of lame that our only Big 12 championship will have a asterisk next to it.

Only in the eyes of other school's trolls it will.
beardoc
BearTruth13 said:

As far as I'm concerned, the other Big Xii schools can kiss our asterisk. I don't think the banner and trophy will have an asterisk.
BearTruth13
Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

I've got 2 degrees from Baylor and posted for a decade but sure.
No Longer Gold
Brian Ethridge said:

jsuder717 said:

IowaBear said:

jsuder717 said:

IowaBear said:

CST Bear said:

FWIW, I think the WV program has been in Texas since last Friday...so them wanting to just get home may be playing a part.

The way I read this, however, is Baylor may have noticed that they can still play 13 (two this week and next) and claim a league title.

So BU is ducking teams if that we're true. And no I'm not saying they are ducking teams. However, if that's true one could absolutely say we're ducking games

Baylor has been ducking teams, not telling the b12 you had 6 scholarship guys available for the last 24 days is ridiculous...

Okay now you're just trolling.

So you're saying Baylor hasn't had 6 scholarship athletes available for the last 24 days? Bc we have proof otherwise
and you're banned.

Baylor doesn't set the schedule and looks to be giving up a home game to play on the road.

Also, student medical information is private and will not be speculated upon by anyone. Baylor has to follow the protocols to return to play, just as any school does, and is ensuring the health of the players.

West Virginia (Huggins) has complained of being on the road and having the amount of games in 8 days. The Big 12 moved the game.

Tell Hunter hi
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

When people look up the history of regular season champions, there will be no asterisk. There will be a champion. Quit being an Eeyore.
BearTruth13
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

When people look up the history of regular season champions, there will be no asterisk. There will be a champion. Quit being an Eeyore.

Just kind of sorry that this season we have dodged:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Glad we got the Illinois win in because our next best win is over #14.
Adriacus Peratuun
BearTruth13 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Using the word "dodged" implies an intentional choice.

Most people that have working brains will understand that COVID compliance is not a choice but responding to a mandate.

Why are you on a Baylor board?
BearTruth13
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BearTruth13 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Most people that have working brains will understand that COVID compliance is not a choice but responding to a mandate.

Because I went to Baylor and go to 5-6 games a year?

Afraid of a little dialogue challenging your worldview?
Bear8084
Adriacus Peratuun said:

BearTruth13 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Yup. The only ones who will see we have "dodged" anyone are trolls of other schools. We have dodged no one and have won the games we needed to win. The Championship will be earned fair and square and there will be no asterisk other than in the minds of jealous schools.
BearTruth
jsuder717 said:

What a disaster, likely top 2 teams in the conference can't even play one game against one another. Big 12 announcement coming this afternoon...
Not a disaster. We still win even if they swept us.
historian
BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Baylor did not dodge anyone. If anything, it was the reverse. Arizona State & Villanova (or maybe R.I.) bailed on us. IIRC, so did Seton Hall. Gonzaga cancelled because they had COVID issues. Some of the Big 12 cancellations/postponements were because of COVID issues at Baylor, others were at the other schools (WVU & I think at least one other). It was a problem for football & WBB as well and Baylor was hardly the only school to experience this. I think it's possible that Baylor MBB may have had more missed games than anyone else but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Also, we did play Texas & Tech on their own courts--and stomped on them. We also played Oklahoma in Waco. It's unfortunate we won't go to Norman but we've played more road games in the Big 12 than home games and we will get WVU next week.

"Dodged is a loaded term (I think someone already addressed this), and totally out of place here.

If & when we win the natty, we will have as much of an asterix as Nick Saban & Alabama football.
IowaBear
We stomped Tech? That's an interesting take for sure. We didn't by any stretch of the imagination stomp Tech
BearTruth13
historian said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Baylor did not dodge anyone. If anything, it was the reverse. Arizona State & Villanova (or maybe R.I.) bailed on us. IIRC, so did Seton Hall. Gonzaga cancelled because they had COVID issues. Some of the Big 12 cancellations/postponements were because of COVID issues at Baylor, others were at the other schools (WVU & I think at least one other). It was a problem for football & WBB as well and Baylor was hardly the only school to experience this. I think it's possible that Baylor MBB may have had more missed games than anyone else but it wasn't for a lack of trying. Also, we did play Texas & Tech on their own courts--and stomped on them. We also played Oklahoma in Waco. It's unfortunate we won't go to Norman but we've played more road games in the Big 12 than home games and we will get WVU next week.

"Dodged is a loaded term (I think someone already addressed this), and totally out of place here.

If & when we win the natty, we will have as much of an asterix as Nick Saban & Alabama football.

To be fair, I would give Nick Saban and Bama an asterisk for this year.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearTruth13 said:

historian said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

I don't think he cares what you would do.
BearTruth13
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

historian said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Probably doesn't. But this year he had an entire conference not play and most team play half their season or have players sitting out.

I want Baylor to win it all but this will forever go down as a weird year. That's just obvious.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BearTruth13 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

historian said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Probably doesn't. But this year he had an entire conference not play and most team play half their season or have players sitting out.

I want Baylor to win it all but this will forever go down as a weird year. That's just obvious.

Weird doesn't equal asterisk. And we didn't dodge anyone. Why would you think that?
Quinton
BearTruth13 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BearTruth13 said:

Bear8084 said:

BearTruth13 said:

Villanova
Gonzaga
Texas
West Virginia 2X
Tech
Oklahoma

Texas (at home) , Gonzaga, and W Virginia (also at home) were the choice of the other schools / parties. Huggins didn't seem to want to play so many games in a week and the conference agreed and I don't really blame them but not a duck.
historian
IowaBear said:

We stomped Tech? That's an interesting take for sure. We didn't by any stretch of the imagination stomp Tech
Point taken. We beat them by 8 points on the road. Maybe "stomp" is too strong a word. However, and more important, we did stomp Texas!
Quote:

To be honest, I think this entire season has an asterisk for all sports for the simple reason that everything has been so crazy due to COVID issues. This does not deny any one person's or team's victories, it's just a statement of the reality that many things are highly unusual. It is not a normal year by any stretch.
Task Force 2015
As to playing multiple games per week,particularly road games,please remember that our athletes are also full time students.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Task Force 2015 said:

As to playing multiple games per week,particularly road games,please remember that our athletes are also full time students.
at a school where they take the student part seriously unlike some schools where they are "student athletes" wink wink...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.