Story Poster
Photo by Raymond Carlin III-USA TODAY Sports
Baylor Basketball

Dates, times set for Baylor's rescheduled Big 12 basketball games

February 23, 2021

WACO, Texas – The Big 12 Conference announced a revised men’s basketball schedule for all league teams on Tuesday, resulting in the addition of three games to Baylor’s schedule during the week of March 1-7 and the removal of the WVU home game on Feb. 25. This week’s Tuesday home game against Iowa State and Saturday game on the road at Kansas are unaffected.

Baylor will now travel to play at West Virginia on Tuesday, March 2, then return home to host Oklahoma State on Thursday, March 4 and Texas Tech on Sunday, March 7. The Feb. 25 home game vs. West Virginia has been canceled by the conference to avoid having both teams play three games in consecutive weeks.

Combined with the two remaining games this week, Baylor is now scheduled to play 14 conference games. The Big 12 minimum to qualify for the regular season championship will be 13 conference games, and any team falling short of that threshold will have theoretical losses assigned to reach the 13-game mark and create an adjusted winning percentage to determine the champion. Those losses would only be used to determine the regular season champion and would not be considered forfeits or assigned as losses on an NCAA Tournament resume. Big 12 Championship seeding will be based entirely on winning percentage, regardless of number of games played.

Fans with tickets to the Oklahoma State game originally scheduled for Feb. 20 can use those tickets for the rescheduled game on March 4, while tickets for the Texas Tech game originally scheduled for Feb. 13 can be used for the rescheduled game on March 7.

Baylor is ranked No. 2 nationally after matching the best start in program history with a 17-0 mark, including a 9-0 record in Big 12 Conference play. The Bears won 83-69 on the road at No. 6 Texas in their most recent game on Feb. 2, and they will return to action Tuesday night with a 7 p.m. CT home game against Iowa State on Big 12 Now on ESPN+. BU then heads to Kansas for a 7 p.m. CT game Saturday on ESPN.

Follow @BaylorMBB on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the year.

BAYLOR MBB 2020-21 REMAINING SCHEDULE
Feb. 23 – Iowa State (7 pm – ESPN+)

Feb. 27 – at Kansas (7 pm – ESPN)

March 2 – at West Virginia (4 pm – ESPN/ESPN2)

March 4 – vs. Oklahoma State (TBD – ESPN/ESPN2)

March 7 – vs. Texas Tech (3 pm – ESPN)

Discussion from...

Dates, times set for Baylor's rescheduled Big 12 basketball games

8,377 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CST Bear
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gave BU the hardest set of 3 they possibly could. Typical of the B12.
AustinBear518
Hardest set? Baylor is missing a game against West Va, and also the game in Norman against 2nd place OU, seems like adding those games to the last week would be harder, no?
IowaBear
AustinBear518 said:

Hardest set? Baylor is missing a game against West Va, and also the game in Norman against 2nd place OU, seems like adding those games to the last week would be harder, no?

The rescheduled games are @wv, home vs Tech and home vs OSU. Tech/OSU are the only teams that matchup with BU
Johnny Bear
Given the situation, I think on balance the remainder of the schedule is fair. Yes, the last 4 are challenging/tough to varying degrees (especially the trips to Lawrence and Morgantown) but we did get to play the 2 worst teams in the conference twice ( ISU & KSU) while avoiding playing WVU, OU & UT twice. At this point we just need to win one of the 4 to clinch our first men's bball conference title in something like 70 years.
CST Bear
My outrage over losing the home date with WV has chilled after last night's showing.

I have no problem with the games we've added...still think it's bush league the league called off a game after we got healthy.
Just remember it could always be worse (Sloan, Stanton, Steele)
IowaBear
It's bush league because they did it to appease WV. All while forcing Texas to end the season with 4 straight road games. Just seems hypocritical to me. It's a mute point if we take care of business. I want to win the next 2 as bad as anyone and shut those fan bases up
BUbackerinET
Yes - red-headed step-children, always...
CST Bear
IowaBear said:

It's bush league because they did it to appease WV. All while forcing Texas to end the season with 4 straight road games. Just seems hypocritical to me. It's a mute point if we take care of business. I want to win the next 2 as bad as anyone and shut those fan bases up
I hear ya...I think we win one of next two and then avenge the loss in KC. I have no problem with us not playing our best basketball until a good 7-10 days from now, ya know?

Last year's team was great but had clearly hit their peak in mid February. I think a loss will take the edge off a bit (myself included).

BUbackerinET
That's what I'm talking about
BUbackerinET
Three toughest opponents in 5 days is tough, and is going to be quite a challenge for us...
IowaBear
I think we're an awful matchup for both KU WV. Not saying will win but they don't match up at all. Tech and OSU however match up rather well especially OSU
Task Force 2015
I am happy that we will not be playing W.Va. tomorrow if it would be without Everyday Jon.
IowaBear
Gotta have him vs WV and Kansas with Culver and McCormick on deck. No offense to Thamba but he will likely get worked by those two
Stefano DiMera
The tricky thing is we cant afford a cancellation to win the title..we have to play 4 games..i would assume in that case the conference finds another opponent

Tech and Kansas havent had a pause yet i know..
Saddle Up!
IowaBear said:

Gotta have him vs WV and Kansas with Culver and McCormick on deck. No offense to Thamba but he will likely get worked by those two
You may very well be right about Thamba, but I thought overall he stepped up in a big way last night, and Vital acknowledged that post game. He had a couple of missteps, but played really hard, and made some very effective plays, including taking a couple of charges. He just needs some coaching on setting screens between now and Saturday.
BUbackerinET
Truth...especially McCormack, who is looking very good. I would not want to get KS early in the tournament, the way they're rolling now...
whitetrash
IowaBear said:

And WV gets to end the season with 4 straight home games (KSt, BU, TCU, OkSt)
Stefano DiMera
Whats their home/road split for the season? Its only unfair if they end up with like 11 or 12 home games.
whitetrash
Stefano DiMera said:

Whats their home/road split for the season? Its only unfair if they end up with like 11 or 12 home games.
WV/UT/TCU split 9 home/8 road
OU splits 8 home/9 road
All others play all 18, except BU who splits 6 home/8 road
CST Bear
IMO, we have the right to play a balance of home and away since we're playing an even number of games...the league decided against that bc we brought this upon ourselves.

I'm sure some will think that's paranoid logic, but, to me, the league sent a message to us by making us give up that home game (and replace it with a road game). Missing three weeks for own inability to follow protocols is punishment, fair or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.