Dennis Lindsey Accused of Bigotry

2,391 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mitch Henessey
Iron Claw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just popped up on espn app. From 2015 exit interview with a player. Coach Quin Snyder says he can't imagine Lindsey saying it.

I would post link but am technologically challenged.
FKA tri it
Mitch Henessey
Iron Claw said:

Just popped up on espn app. From 2015 exit interview with a player. Coach Quin Snyder says he can't imagine Lindsey saying it.

I would post link but am technologically challenged.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30965081/sources-nba-investigating-bigotry-allegation-utah-jazz-vice-president-dennis-lindsey

The article states that Lindsey was one of the individuals who requested the outside review, so I would think he feels confident that he will be vindicated at the end of it.
vanillabryce
Sounds like bull*****
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Walking it back a bit now
guadalupeoso
I think I was called a bad name in 2007? Or was it 2008? I can't remember. Either way, I can't wait until 2035 when I decide to publicly bring it up against the person who accosted me with such foul language. Hopefully, I can get them fired from their job once I bring the story forward.
EatMoreSalmon
guadalupeoso said:

I think I was called a bad name in 2007? Or was it 2008? I can't remember. Either way, I can't wait until 2035 when I decide to publicly bring it up against the person who accosted me with such foul language. Hopefully, I can get them fired from their job once I bring the story forward.
A little boy called a little girl a "poopy head" yesterday. His chance for a public career is already ruined.
BaylorRocks
EatMoreSalmon said:

guadalupeoso said:

A little boy called a little girl a "poopy head" yesterday. His chance for a public career is already ruined.
And I'm sure someone captured it on video......for later.
Johnny Bear
If everybody who ever said something they regretted later lost their jobs, virtually nobody would have a job.
BaylorRocks
Johnny Bear said:

If everybody who ever said something they regretted later lost their jobs, virtually nobody would have a job.
Just wake up from hibernation? That's the cancel culture we live in now.....in full effect in America. You can thank Politicians and the Media!

Oh yeah, and Baylor admin too. Wait until they start taking down statues, removing building names, and wiping the school's history that have stood for decades and not offended a soul.
Johnny Bear
zunooreo said:

Johnny Bear said:

Just wake up from hibernation? That's the cancel culture we live in now.....in full effect in America. You can thank Politicians and the Media!

Oh yeah, and Baylor admin too. Wait until they start taking down statues, removing building names, and wiping the school's history that have stood for decades and not offended a soul.

I'm fully aware of what the lefty cancel culture is doing or at least trying to do. Just making a point that if committing the sin of saying something you later wished you hadn't is enough to cost you your job, then if equally applied (which of course it never will be because of the eternal double standard) none of us would have a job.
kendallkaut
Staff
I take allegations like this pretty seriously, and I have a default to think someone wouldn't make this up.

I'm also quite reluctant to wade into these because you hate to judge something that you're not a party too.

With that framework in mind, I believe Dennis Lindsey.

*Quinn Snyder's in the room and flatly denies it
*Milsap waited six years.
*The other assistant appeared in the room too.
*There aren't any other stories about him doing anything like this.
*That kind of comment seems way out of his speaking style and pattern
*It'd be super weird to attack the brother of one of your best players like this.
*It's also odd to be that mad at someone that's a fringe player on your roster.
*Milsap didn't appear upset coming out of the meeting.

If all of the above aren't sufficient to clear someone--and especially if the notes also find nothing of the sort--then we're really in an impossible situation for someone to non-falsify an allegation.

We should take claims like this serious and investigate them with an open mind. But that also requires looking at the evidence, and the evidence weighs overwhelmingly in favor of Lindsey.

LIB,MR BEARS
kendallkaut said:

I take allegations like this pretty seriously, and I have a default to think someone wouldn't make this up.

I'm also quite reluctant to wade into these because you hate to judge something that you're not a party too.

*It'd be super weird to attack the brother of one of your best players like this.

If all of the above aren't sufficient to clear someone--and especially if the notes also find nothing of the sort--then we're really in an impossible situation for someone to non-falsify an allegation.

We should take claims like this serious and investigate them with an open mind. But that also requires looking at the evidence, and the evidence weighs overwhelmingly in favor of Lindsey.

"non-falsify an allegation"; that's a phrase you don't hear much. At least, not yet.
Malbec
Quote:

We should take claims like this serious and investigate them...
Really? This is what we are going to do now? We have so much useless time and money that we are going to launch an investigation every time somebody says that somebody else said something that offended them? Holy cripes! How about, we DON'T launch an investigation, and the one person who actually was there and claims to have been offended by it can just decide that they don't like the person they claim offended them and then just avoid them whenever possible like the whole freaking sane world has done for the entire history of man? Good grief.
bear2be2
kendallkaut said:

This is where I'm at as well.

I don't have any natural inclination to defend the accused in these types of deals and think we should treat all such accusations seriously, investigate them and follow wherever the facts lead us. But in this case, the facts that we've been made aware of don't seem to support Milsap's claim.

That said, my opinion can and would change quickly if new details are brought to light during the investigation that do.
Mitch Henessey
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31070946/nba-probe-finds-no-proof-bigoted-remark-utah-jazz-exec-dennis-lindsey-elijah-millsap

Looks like Lindsey has been cleared of any wrongdoing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.