News tonight gave rundown on some rules on NCAA tournament.

1,017 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by whitetrash
jumpinjoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For the initial teams selected as qualifiers, if they are not able to take their spot in the tournament due to COVID-19 issues, the spot will be offered to the next available from the same conference based on standing

While at the site of the tournament, if a team has COVID related issues and is unable to suite out a minimum team, the team will pull out and the opponent will move in to the next bracket as the winner.

Source: channel 11 Dallas Sports.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
historian
Smoak talked about this on Sicem365 radio. He explained it pretty clearly.
SoonerFrogs
might be a blessing to get the Covid problems out of the way early
fadskier
Id I were in the tournament, I would stop reporting Covid infections. This is beyond ridiculous. Covid doesn't affect their age level

OR
allow players, coachs fans, etc to sogn a release that releases all universities and the NCAA from liability regarding Covid and let us pack the stands! I'd go.
gone to Tickfaw
if I were Drew and Kim, I'd say we we had Covid issues and skip the conference tournament.
historian
The players (& probably coaches too) want to hang the banners in the Ferrell Center.
IowaBear
fujobear said:

if I were Drew and Kim, I'd say we we had Covid issues and skip the conference tournament.

At this point if they have another outbreak they can only blame themselves. There's really no reason to expect any covid issues the rest of the way. This team needs the B12 tournament to build momentum
historian
That's a very good point.

Besides, I would think that COVID has run through both teams by now. They all should have immunity.
CST Bear
this all makes sense until they have to get a team on the phone that didn't qualify for the tournament and have them pack their crap and get to Indy in a rush. Will teams that don't qualify for the tournament even still be assembled? It's not like previous years when that team would just be upgraded from the NIT...I imagine no other postseason tournament is gonna happen this year?
Oldbear83
CST Bear said:

this all makes sense until they have to get a team on the phone that didn't qualify for the tournament and have them pack their crap and get to Indy in a rush. Will teams that don't qualify for the tournament even still be assembled? It's not like previous years when that team would just be upgraded from the NIT...I imagine no other postseason tournament is gonna happen this year?
I heard the NIT will be played on PlayStations
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Stefano DiMera
Theyre ranking the 'First Four Out' from 1-4...so well know who those 4 teams are and theyll be on standby.
whitetrash
Oldbear83 said:

CST Bear said:

I heard the NIT will be played on PlayStations
and the CBI will be played on Mattel Intellivision
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.