Baylor at Kansas predictions

2,296 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by vanillabryce
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
Jayman1963
ESPN Matchup Predictor has BU at 75% and KU at 25%.

A little surprised that BU is that high of a number given (1) three week layoff for BU with only one game back so far, (2) the one game back looked very rusty, (3) KU has been playing better lately, and (4) at KU - although not as much of a KU advantage this year
BaylorGrad&Dad
Jayman, I'm with you. I saw too much rust the other night, and KU is playing much better recently. I'm sorry to admit, but I have a bad feeling about this game.
IowaBear
The only way to shake the rust is to play. They won't play like they did vs KU I can guarantee you all that much. Will we win ? I have no idea. But I'll say this. There's a few teams is this league that BU is a HORRIBLE matchup for. OU is one. Kansas is another. Again not saying will win but I wouldn't bet against it
historian
It's difficult not to be concerned after Tuesday night. But whatever problems we had, we also know the coaches & team have been working on them ever since. They will have multiple quality practices and they will work on those things. I don't know if it will be enough but it should help. I'm only slightly concerned. Kansas is having a terrible year by their standards and we are having our best year ever. Baylor definitely has the edge. I don't gamble, but I would not bet against these Bears--in any game, including Gonzaga.
IowaBear
Watch Teagues KU presser that should put a lot of you at ease regarding Saturdays big game
BUGWBBear
Not feeling good at all based on the garbage I saw the other night. The person responsible for a 3 week stoppage in progress while Gonzaga keeps playing Sisters of the Poor needs a heel grinding the family jewels.

The two old farts in the video who yell at clouds didn't help.
Ewalker80
Getting ej back at full health would give us a significantly better chance to win. He was key in the first game against ku and we need him in the rotation.
Johnny Bear
Ewalker80 said:

Getting ej back at full health would give us a significantly better chance to win. He was key in the first game against ku and we need him in the rotation.
I assume by "ej" you mean "every day Jon" or "JTT". Do we still not know at this point if he's available for KU?
Agree, whether he plays or not is huge, especially for this game and at WVU. It's frankly hard for me to see how we win either one of those without him.
IowaBear
We can win without him by going extremely small and just out scoring those 2. From a guard perspective neither teams guards can hold a candle to Baylor's guards that's just a fact. For instance. If you had Nayer at the 5 like we did the other day how on earth are either of those teams gonna stop us? Keep in mind while WV is improved offensively they're horrendous defensively
EvilTroyAndAbed
We outscored ISU by 22 over the last 30 minutes of the game. That's what I choose to focus on. Would you be more or less concerned if we went up by 22 early and then slopped our way to a 5 point win?
vanillabryce
KU shot their asses off in Waco. If they can duplicate that - they've got a chance.

My prediction is Braun goes 3-9 and we win by six.

Baylor 78 Kansas 72
Ewalker80
Johnny Bear said:

Ewalker80 said:

I assume by "ej" you mean "every day Jon" or "JTT". Do we still not know at this point if he's available for KU?
Agree, whether he plays or not is huge, especially for this game and at WVU. It's frankly hard for me to see how we win either one of those without him.

Your assumption is correct ej is jtt
gobears20
Staff
Kansas seems to play better when they go small.
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
BaylorRocks
Sorry peeps, but really getting the feeling that L1 is coming Saturday evening. Unfortunately to Kansas.

Certainly hoping, and rooting for, the opposite.

Sic'em
saucebob
So have we already clinched a least a share of the big 12 title?
Johnny Bear
IowaBear said:

We can win without him by going extremely small and just out scoring those 2. From a guard perspective neither teams guards can hold a candle to Baylor's guards that's just a fact. For instance. If you had Nayer at the 5 like we did the other day how on earth are either of those teams gonna stop us? Keep in mind while WV is improved offensively they're horrendous defensively
I'm not saying we can't beat a lot of teams by going small, but against these two teams, how do we contain McCormack for KU and Culver for WVU by going small for any kind of lengthy period of time - unless we luck out and get them in early foul trouble (unlikely given the games are in Lawrence and Morgantown). If that's what we end up having to do, I hope I'm wrong, but it's hard to see it. Hopefully we can go to JTT off the bench and it's a moot point.
Johnny Bear
saucebob said:

So have we already clinched a least a share of the big 12 title?
Since they're now going by winning percentage, I believe there is still a chance for WVU if they win out and we lose out - but that's the only way we don't win it.
BUCANDOIT82
With Mayer at the 5 we have the best offense in College Basketball. The only question is can we defend the rim, rebound, and stay out of foul trouble.

Defending the rim and rebounding is much more of a sure thing than staying out of foul trouble.
historian
I still think we win tomorrow, both WBB & MBB.
Stefano DiMera
That last few minutes of clamp down defense Tuesday night eased my worries..Michigan had a similar scare their 1st game back after 3 weeks off
historian
To be honest, at no point Tuesday night was I really worried. When we were down by 17 in the first half I was a bit concerned, naturally, but the team quickly fought back and finished the half down by only 5. In the second half our guys outscored the Cyclones by 10 so we had the lowest margin of victory all season. Not too bad, even against one of the worst teams in conference, when you consider it was after 3 weeks of not playing or practicing. Their first practice was only 2 days earlier.

For me the clincher is that at no time during the game did they appear panicked, worried, or even perturbed. The remained calm & focused and got better as the game progressed--as seen in the scoring. There still is room for improvement but this team is on a mission. They have great focus and determination--and they work together so well.

They will be fine. The trip to Morgantown on Tuesday might be the greater challenge.
PLSQL_BEAR
I caught the end of the UT / Kansas radio broadcast on Tuesday. The UT post game commentators were certain Kansas would beat us on Saturday and that UT would win the Big 12 tournament. I hope we run both Kansas and UT off the court.
ScottS
Baylor 100 KU 0
BaylorRocks
BUCANDOIT82 said:

With Mayer at the 5 we have the best offense in College Basketball. The only question is can we defend the rim, rebound, and stay out of foul trouble.

Defending the rim and rebounding is much more of a sure thing than staying out of foul trouble.
Did not age well.....
BaylorRocks
ScottS said:

Baylor 100 KU 0
Did not age well....
historian
The problem was not the enthusiasm of the fans, even if it bordered on wishful thinking. The team had very real problems revealed on Tuesday and made glaringly obvious last night.
vanillabryce
Imagine going through a forum after a game and picking out posts that 'didn't age well'

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.