POOR TEXAS & A&M

1,723 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aliceinbubbleland
sanfranciscobear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't you just feel sorry for Texas and A&M? Neither one has won a National Championship in Men's Basketball.
I didn't check; has either won a Women's Championship?

In fact, Baylor and UTEP are the ONLY schools in Texas to win a National Championship in Men's Basketball EVER.

Now, the Horns and Aggies are complaining about how Baylor has that rare distinction. Don't you just feel sorry for these poor people???

BellCountyBear
They can't fathom how a little baptist school in a "****ty-town" with a "****ty" arena could be national champs! Love it!
Jorkel
I feel sorry for anyone who gives a **** what they think or do on a normal day let alone the day after we just smoked our opponent in the national championship
CTWallace
sanfranciscobear said:

Don't you just feel sorry for Texas and A&M? Neither one has won a National Championship in Men's Basketball.

In fact, Baylor and UTEP are the ONLY schools in Texas to win a National Championship in Men's Basketball EVER.

Now, the Horns and Aggies are complaining about how Baylor has that rare distinction. Don't you just feel sorry for these poor people???

Aggy won a WBB title maybe 10-15 years ago.

For better or worse, I read through a few Aggy/UT threads about Baylor winning the tourney. 95% of them either say:

1. Baylor is good because Drew cheats.
2. Drew will be hired away soon.
3. Why can't we have a team like that?
4. Baylor kills its players then tries to cover it up
5. Baylor only won because the refs didn't call enough fouls against us

Kinda sad that two big state universities with all their money, boosters and facilities can't do anything but act like a 12 year old girl who just had her boyfriend stolen.
Task Force 2015
A&M women won the national championship when Griner was a sophomore.We beat them 2 or 3 times during the season then we lost to them (I think) in the ncaa regional finals.Lady Longhorns won a natty way back in 1986.
BUVA
sanfranciscobear said:

Aggettes won NC in 2011 after they thugged and flopped their way to beating us in Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Refs could have called multiple taunting fouls on aggettes but guess they just chose not to see them. It was a really ugly game. It was likely the last time CKM and Blair spoke.
PartyBear
Texas has won one national title according to a list of women's hoops national titles on the NCAA website. It was in 86. However that list only goes back to 1982. I thought Texas had won alot of national titles in women's hoops similar to Tennessee. However was there not a women's tournament before 82? If not Sonja Hogg's LaTech with Kim as a player won the first one.
Iron Claw
Women were still playing in the AIAW back in the early/mid 80s. Schools slowly transitioned to NCAA through that time period. That period and prior is when Wayland Baptist Flying Queens were near the top of the game.
MrGolfguy
Yes '82 was the first one, before that it was AIAW
BiPolarBear
Texas Ladyhorns won a National Championship but they had to be coached by Baylor Alumna Jodi Conrat
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Give them time, they'll just make a natty up and put it on their signage.
Stranger
sanfranciscobear said:

In fact, UTEP has never won a National championship. Texas Western College (which later became UTEP) did win the title in 1966.
TenBears
Until the day I day I will never, ever get the attraction to A&M. My daughter graduated from there. Other than seeing her we literally dreaded going up there. The concrete, the endless strip malls full of Pei Wei's and Fish Daddy's and other crappy places. The traffic. The 60's Soviet era campus architecture. The 1000 student classes, the third world level website, the lousy services. The supposed "Aggie Network".

I know really good people that graduated from there and adore the place. I tried so hard to get into it. No dice.
Aliceinbubbleland
Ditto. You nailed it for our family too.
TechDawgMc
PartyBear said:

Texas has won one national title according to a list of women's hoops national titles on the NCAA website. It was in 86. However that list only goes back to 1982. I thought Texas had won alot of national titles in women's hoops similar to Tennessee. However was there not a women's tournament before 82? If not Sonja Hogg's LaTech with Kim as a player won the first one.
Texas couldn't beat La Tech. I believe we ejected them from the tourney about six times during the 80s.

81 was the last real AIAW tourney, 82 was the first NCAA tourney. It wasn't really a gradual transition (from the next post). A small handful of teams stayed with AIAW in 82, but none of them would have been significant challengers.

One team everyone's forgetting -- Texas Tech also has a WBB title. 91? maybe. With Cheryl Swoopes.
Aliceinbubbleland
Kim was very fortunate that Baylor was probably ahead of its time in women's athletics. Her job has become increasingly more difficult as more and more universities embrace women's athletes.

The rest of the Big 12 is slowly catching up to us. Each year will become a bigger challenge but Kim is better than all the rest as long as she stays here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.